70.00.335 Firmware

Thanks for the response, this was one of my first posts where I didn't get what was going wrong as was getting frustrated going around and around in circles.

In short, I needed the firmware file, I now understand that you need to load the firmware again (even if it's the same as you already have) then just before it reboots do the commands through the serial connection to enable the tweaks.

Funnily enough, as soon as I had the file everything else worked nicely.

I'm still reading mixed reports on the 335C (which I have) vs 367A (which may be the latest in 4 AN), Most reports say it doesn't work, some say just use the same technique. At this point it's not worth the time/effort to upgrade if there is a good change I have to downgrade again immediately afterwards. Any reports of anyone confirming it working (or not) would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response, this was one of my first posts where I didn't get what was going wrong as was getting frustrated going around and around in circles.

In short, I needed the firmware file, I now understand that you need to load the firmware again (even if it's the same as you already have) then just before it reboots do the commands through the serial connection to enable the tweaks.

Funnily enough, as soon as I had the file everything else worked nicely.

I'm still reading mixed reports on the 355C (which I have) vs 367A (which may be the latest in 4 AN), Most reports say it doesn't work, some say just use the same technique. At this point it's not worth the time/effort to upgrade if there is a good change I have to downgrade again immediately afterwards. Any reports of anyone confirming it working (or not) would be appreciated.
@The_Hawk

You can only apply id7v2 method to fw70.00.335 to fw70.00.352 (I have done hundreds of test for my AA v1.15B). You can not apply the same technique for fw70.00.367+ required id7v3 which is not published & very difficult & can easily permanently brick cmu if your not careful, you can not unbrick it with traditional technique sop16 etc it will be a permanent $1200 paper weight. If you wish to keep your tweaks I'd strongly suggest you to stay on your current fw else you'll have to downgrade to .335 apply id7v2 again to allow tweaks installation via usb stick to fw70.00.335 ADR , there's no differences in higher fw for ADR region, loading/boot up time. Latest fw are not always the greatest, it's more restrictive.

@The_Hawk there is no fw70.00.355C.

Refer to my yt channel for more info.

Regards,
Radarwild

Last edited:
Unless you are experiencing problems with 335c there is no reason to upgrade to 367+. The only changes that i am aware are a few bug fixes. If you are not experiencing bugs no need to upgrade.

Does anyone have a new link for the most recent firmware? I just bought a 2014 Mazda 3 and have been trying to fix it up. I replaced the front glass panel on my infotainment (touch screen wasnt working and it looked ugly) and just installed the updated center console usb hub to get android auto working. Sadly when i plug in my phone I am able to get android auto up but i dont get any sound at all from any android auto app or the phone when making calls from android auto. It also seems to always think the car has the light on as maps is dark when in automode. The car already had 70.00.100 installed on it when I bought it and I am hoping that upgrading it to the newest will fix my issues? Any input would be great!

Does anyone have a new link for the most recent firmware? I just bought a 2014 Mazda 3 and have been trying to fix it up. I replaced the front glass panel on my infotainment (touch screen wasnt working and it looked ugly) and just installed the updated center console usb hub to get android auto working. Sadly when i plug in my phone I am able to get android auto up but i dont get any sound at all from any android auto app or the phone when making calls from android auto. It also seems to always think the car has the light on as maps is dark when in automode. The car already had 70.00.100 installed on it when I bought it and I am hoping that upgrading it to the newest will fix my issues? Any input would be great!
Sounds like a wire/plug isn’t connected all the way. I would start by undoing all connections and reseating them. Where did you get the new hub from? I believe all the offering on eBay and Amazon are knockoffs so that could be an issue too

I have a 2020 CX5 with 335 firmware. I can't get my Android phone to work properly with it. Do the new versions offer an improvement in compatibility? Thanks

Just so you are aware if you do not have Tweaks and or do not care if you lose them then 74.00.311A has been out for a few weeks now for all regions and yes the reports have been great if you run a standard Mazda Connect or MZD Connect system and or with CP/AA or not and yes I can supply ONLY Privately download links, do not ask in these forums, only by a Start Conversation.
detailing your Mazda model and what version on now and what version you want to update to and where you or car is from, a picture of your Connect screen showing Version Information makes it easy.
I am ASH8 in other forums.
IF a Moderator wants to change my user name please do so.

Back