What have you done to your Miata today?

Hmmmm, any more thoughts on the cooling system Bruce?
Not sure what you mean Jeff? Works fine on the track, no issues.

Spent saturday bolting it all back together, bleeding the brakes and checking things over. I couldn't install the SS brake hoses as some of the flare nuts wouldn't budge and I didn't want to risk breaking the lines.

Spent sunday morning cleaning her from storage and work. Took her to the track Sunday afternoon and she ran great. No issues at all which was nice.

She's off tomorrow to get the ac working again as I had to drain it when I pulled the rad.

Still things to do, get the SS lines on and get a new wheel alignment and adjust the front swaybar but it felt sooooo good to be driving Mia again.

Oh That. No fully. At least it works when the ac is on. Not sure why the other isn't working yet.

Driving home from the track was like driving in a snowstorm.
ypMHEgCTf2oXKpnYWdVQlPE1tHwykc-vN1gwcBNZAvFb-nD1Z0o4AsJkLWZjIJ6JFXqd1wkTT8dUj7nOXJB8ihK1SXwwyzZrMYTbQsciTKAwtPWqqCtV2L8DDFKmglHVksRun6JsOw=w2400

So the wheel align was done yesterday. Will get to try it out this weekend, autox sat and lapping on sun.

I was told by the align tech that I will need to replace the inner and outer tie rod ends and the camber/castor adjusters on both fronts next year. Had to heat them up to adjust and one of the camber adjusters is frozen.

Not too bad for 190k and 14 years old.

Soooo, next job is the front wheel bearings. Ordered 2 RX8 hubs from Mazda Motorsports to replace the stock hubs.

Front passenger side is starting to hum @ 50 mph. Should last the season till I get the new ones. I'm sure the wider rims and tires are part of the issue but not bad for 225k miles.

Installed the MX5Things DRL harness with the jumper removed. Now my fangs will stay on at 50% brightness with the headlights.

Last edited:
Bought her ( well last Wednesday)

Attachments

• 09F8C7F7-7144-430D-91CD-CF42C1BB6827.jpeg
    09F8C7F7-7144-430D-91CD-CF42C1BB6827.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 69
  • CEBBABB1-64B1-4CA6-B432-1376625ACE60.jpeg
    CEBBABB1-64B1-4CA6-B432-1376625ACE60.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 047B9E6E-E85C-48EA-BDA9-1DF86058899B.jpeg
    047B9E6E-E85C-48EA-BDA9-1DF86058899B.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 69
Is she happy? That looks really nice.

I THOUGHT I was going to make MATG this year. However just like last year, two weeks before I was due to be relieved the individual who was supposed to be coming back told me he wasn't (this was a different guy from last year). I got word to the company quickly but it took them two weeks to list the job with my union. There is basically no way in hell I will get home in time to attend. So it goes.

The old girl needs so love, mostly cleaning cosmetic stuff. She’ll be my FL beach car, not going to win any shows! 😉
flew down to Gainesville and drover her 3 hrs south to Venice where she sit for perpetuity!
Just ordered some parts from Treasure Coast Miata, the trunk aluminum was removed, the gas cap was busted and the HVAC control face plate was worn off.
she does have a lumpy idle, I think its the alternator /voltage reg issue. The dash lights go up and down with the idle….going to check all the grounds first.

id love to MATAG some yr too!

Hey Chief! Happy to see you check in but sorry to hear about MATG. That really sux that you can't go again this year. More time at sea to buy new parts?

Woohoo, Mark got a smurf, Congrats! Absolutely love that color and wish they'd offer it on an ND.

Back