Fuel Pump Recall. Any done yet?

:
2018 CX5
So I remember getting the recall notice late last year, with the promise that a second letter would be received when Mazda has the parts. Over at the Spider forum (made by Mazda at the Miata factory) people have been getting the second letter stating the parts are in. How about for the CX5? Anyone get their second letter yet??

Mazda Spider? What's this? I've never heard of a Mazda Spider.

Do you mean the MX-5 Miata?

thats Fiat crysler (stelantis) They may have the parts but not Mazda NA.
I checked few weeks back and new eta is sometime late summer - i.e August or September.
And I wouldnt want to be the first anyway :)
I guess there will be a learning period for the dealers to get to know how to properly do it.

Yes, that's it! Most of the Spider is Mazda parts and built in Japan at the same factory as the Miata. So, I figured since the Spider owners are getting their second letters now that many Mazda has the new pump too and has notified some of the Mazada owners.

Potential Number of Units Affected 1,622 fiats :)
Potential Number of Units Affected 121,038 Mazda

Mazda Parts are expected to be available by September 2022 is the latest info but no official 2nd notice yet. Initially it was "by summer 2022" but I guess that moved further in time.

Guess who takes priority.

some good news :)
Mazda will open the recall and will start mailing new letters to the owners next week.
Parts would also become available for allocation to dealers as well.

For those who are curious about the repair procedure, here is a pdf describing it, it also has video links, showing the procedure.

Attachments

• 5321K.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 276
You must be the first! Did you get a second letter telling you to set up the appt??
Nope. My wife and I enjoy road tripping, and it's been annoying having to use my work car or a rental for it, since we have been concerned of the Mazda stranding us away from home.

Since getting the initial notice, I've been calling monthly to see if the recall could be done. When we moved to a new city earlier this month (Orlando), I decided out of the blue to call the closest dealer, and they said yes. So I scheduled an appointment and brought the car in.

Pro tip - bring the car in with the trunk empty and less than half a tank of gas.

Just received our letter today. Appt set up for late August. Don't want to be the first to get the recall done. Figure let them practice over the next 30 days before they do our CX5!

Just received our letter today. Appt set up for late August. Don't want to be the first to get the recall done. Figure let them practice over the next 30 days before they do our CX5!

At the dealer I went to, since I was the first, they had their most senior mechanic do the job.

They should :)) otherwise if they give it to the floor mopper it would be epic fail :)
I am also waiting for autumn so that they get some experise and repeat it few times at least.

The tip above is very good.
I would guess even 1/4 of fuel tank is best because the whole fuel assembly (even the top part and gasket ring) actually sits below the max level of the fuel tank. They cant remove it otherwise and have to syphon some fuel out which is usually messy if the fuel tank is filled up.

Back