Made the impossible Possible 😎 20" CX-9 GT rims on CX-5

20220706_140528.jpg

I think it looks great, but wonder what size spare do you have?

Last edited:
Looks great! Details please! Any mods necessary or just a bolt on?

What tires?
How much heavier is this set up over stock 19’s?
What is the perceived ride and handling differences?

Thanks. And beautiful looking vehicle!
No I heard it might rub but I knew it would fit and luckily no rubbing on corner or bumps. No bolt on or changes to anything. Tire size is 255/50/20 so probably any bigger would have trouble. It feels same ride quality 🙂

I don't know what the OEM wheel weight for the CX-5 wheels is, but when I weighed out my OEM CX-9 wheels, both wheel and tire came out to a heavy 75lbs each. The rim by itself is 39,6 lbs. My current 22x10.5 wheel and tire setup is 4lbs lighter than the OEM 20" setup.

I don't know what the OEM wheel weight for the CX-5 wheels is, but when I weighed out my OEM CX-9 wheels, both wheel and tire came out to a heavy 75lbs each. The rim by itself is 39,6 lbs. My current 22x10.5 wheel and tire setup is 4lbs lighter than the OEM 20" setup.
Wow! That’s quite a difference and incentive to invest in some lighter alloys.

OEM 19 inch rims and a worn toyo A36 tires is 59.4 lbs roughly. I had weighed the wheels when compared my 17 " BBS rims.

If I remember correctly the worn toyo tire was approx. 29.4 lbs and the rim was approx. 30 lbs. give or take a little...

You can also check Toyo's website for the actual tire weight and add that to 30 lbs rim weight.

Last edited:
I know the 19"x7" stock wheels on my 22 turbo are 32lbs each. Definitely on the heavy side. My new ones will be at about 21.5lbs for 19"x9" size. So at least a 10lb savings per wheel.

And CX9 wheels should never rub. You can easily run a 20x9.5 on 275 rubber with no rub lock to lock.

Yes I would of liked to know about the wheel weights also. I feel the stock 19's on thick big tires were crazy heavy. These 20s felt almost lighter I thought but I don't know but the tires could have been lighter or same basically
There is a good chance that they are.

I'm looking at a 20x8.5 with a 245/45R20 tire that will save about 12lbs per axle (Thoughts on this wheel/tire combo for a 2022 CX-5 Turbo).

The stock wheels run almost 32lbs, and the Toyo tires run, gulp, 29lbs!!!!!

Back