2013~2016 Oxygen sensor slow response

:
2013 CX-5 GT
On a long weekend trip, the check engine light came on. Thanks to a friend's reader, I was able to read the fault code:

oxygen sensor slow response - rich to lean (bank 1 sensor 2) P01 3A00-E8
Car: Mazda CX5 2013, 225 000 km, first time light on...
Go to dealer tomorrow? Or can I try something myself?
Thanks a lot for your advice.

How bout reset/clear the code and see if it comes back?

We cleared it and drove back home 500km (did not come back yet)
Same milage as before (7.2l/100km), same performance

If you live in a state that does emissions testing, do you have an inspection coming up in the near future?

We cleared it and drove back home 500km (did not come back yet)
Same milage as before (7.2l/100km), same performance
I wouldn't worry about it unless you experience other issues or that particular problem returns and persists.

no, I live in Quebec (Canada) Are dealers equipped with this?
I was referring to mandatory testing required in some US states, so this does not apply to you in Canada.

As HyFlyer already mentioned, you can choose to do nothing about this for now, because downstream O2 sensor issues do not affect vehicle performance.

But here's something for you to think about, for any maintenance/repair work that your vehicle needs in the future. You mentioned dealers a couple of times, so I'll post my standard recommendation for anyone who doesn't DIY, to consider an independent repair shop instead of a dealership. A good, honest indy shop will not try to sell you service that's not needed on your vehicle, and as a general rule will also charge somewhat less than dealers and are more competent as well. And this of course is not just limited to Mazda, and is the case for all auto makes. If you don't already know of a shop, then perhaps ask your friends and co-workers who they go to and are willing to recommend.

thank you all for sharing your advice/experience! seems not to be a very common issue (when I do a quick search in this forum)

Back