How to remove window trim?

profiler

:
Mazda CX 5 AWD Sport Nav 6SP MT
Hi ... I have suffered a horrible Seagull bird poo strike on our CX5 .... down the near side passenger window and onto the paint below the window frame. I need to get my dual action polisher right on top of the lip of the paintwork under the window trim ...... So does anyone know how to remove the lower window trim ?

Yes, take a hammer and chisel and smash it as hard as you can. Afterwards, you won't notice the Seagull poo. It is very effective.

fvansan - seriously ? Probably the least helpful reply I've seen on these forums.... can I come round and see you demonstrate that on one of your vehicles.

Paris - thanks, but I don't ... so would like to know if / how I can pop off the window trim myself, but thanks for suggesting something positive :)

cQ0CJNI.jpg

Seminole - many thanks ... this lead me to check my original post and I made an error ..... it's the REAR passenger side not front ... so great detail and article, but not the one I need (sorry for getting the question wrong). Is the rear a similar process ?

My attempt was not intended to only be sarcastic and obnoxious, but to say cars left outside will have bird poop and other organic issues and sometimes you have to accept the inevitable. Cars will incur damage over time and they will never stay new and being obsessive in trying to control everything will fail . It is what it is. If you found my comic reply not helpful, you'll discover it was not intended to be a remedy. If you were offended, I apologize. Laughter is sometime the best solution.It is what is is, also is called 'Radical acceptance'. I wish you well! Sometimes humor is the best solution to most irritations.

Great diagrams---Where did you find this info? I am looking for similar instruction on how to remove the black plastic exterior door trim panels from my '15. Any suggestions or references?

Thanks.

Save for future use to chrome delete.

That reminds me.. did you use the Bookmark feature to save this post? If not, try using it next time. The Bookmark icon is found in the top right corner of every post, beside the post number. You can access all of your saved bookmarks by clicking on your username at the top, then clicking on the Bookmarks tab.

screenshot.png

That reminds me.. did you use the Bookmark feature to save this post? If not, try using it next time. The Bookmark icon is found in the top right corner of every post, beside the post number. You can access all of your saved bookmarks by clicking on your username at the top, then clicking on the Bookmarks tab.

View attachment 310963
Thanks . I had tried it but didn't seem like it worked. Thanks for showing how to find them.

Hi ... I have suffered a horrible Seagull bird poo strike on our CX5 .... down the near side passenger window and onto the paint below the window frame. I need to get my dual action polisher right on top of the lip of the paintwork under the window trim ...... So does anyone know how to remove the lower window trim ?
Why a polisher for what sounds like a smallish spot? Why not a fingertip? Or something like a putty knife wrapped in a microfiber?

Why a polisher for what sounds like a smallish spot? Why not a fingertip? Or something like a putty knife wrapped in a microfiber?
That is exactly what I was thinking. I am pretty obsessive about my cars and I would not take the trim off to work on this issue. I would use a cloth with some Meguiars ultimate polish on the affected area.

Our body shop noted some of these trims are one use only designs and you will/may be unsuccessful in removing without breaking tabs etc. bottom line is we had to pay for new chrome trim pieces.

Our body shop noted some of these trims are one use only designs and you will/may be unsuccessful in removing without breaking tabs etc. bottom line is we had to pay for new chrome trim pieces.
So removing the chrome window trim to paint with duplicolor shadow chrome may break the tabs and render the trim useless? Car companies & chrome. As bad as restaurants coating everything with mayo.

Back