Protege5 Headlight change question

Hey, so I wanna change out my headlights, low beams, I ordered the exact ones for the 2002 protege5, they are a 2prong, well my car is a 3 prong. Can you use a 2prong in a 3prong ? or do I have to now get a 3prong plug. Someone please help

Screenshot_20220324-012725_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Upvote 0
If your car has 3-prong headlights, and is indeed a Protege5, then someone modified something at some point during its life. Post some pictures of the car, headlights, and socket.

Upvote 0
The original owner probably installed a headlight for the Protege sedan instead of bulbs for the Protege5.

My parts car came with sedan bulbs installed. It does plug in to the connector but the bulb base doesn't fit properly in the headlight housing and it is loose.

You probably need two of those adapters for the bulbs you bought then they will plug into your connector.
The connector is a three prong but you only use two of them to plug it in.

Upvote 0
I bought a set of H11 LED bulbs from AUXITO. I installed them for my mazda CX-3.

1654936722027.png

Before
151474-ec02b0c4b0ddfab06e52ef2e7efc64f9.png

After
151475-61a8e36da58f316ce3b9dd6cd83e080f.png

Every night, the driving experience becomes great.

Attachments

• 1654936745891.png
    1654936745891.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 171
  • 1654937068544.png
    1654937068544.png
    54.8 KB · Views: 408
Last edited:
Upvote 0
how is the low beam pattern on them compared to stock, I see these fitted all too often and they just glare and generally "throw" the light out at all angles.
The low beam works great, I mean Definitely much better than halogen. You need to install them correctly to avoid glare

Upvote 0
I have to disagree, the light output looks bright, but it's pretty clear from this picture that the glare for other drivers is horrible:
1654937068544-png.310668

Upvote 0
I have to disagree, the light output looks bright, but it's pretty clear from this picture that the glare for other drivers is horrible:
1654937068544-png.310668
Looks like high beams here. right about that second white line there is a defined cutoff where the beam starts from the HB. What I am looking for is a pic of the car facing a light colored wall parked about 30ft away with only low beams on. That will show the cut off if one is even left lol. that is really the only acceptable demonstration for low beam performance in the glare category. Rolling night shots are neigh on impossible to properly convey as the night performance of cameras (esp cell cams) varies with settings and actual camera sensor quality. I am really picky with these retrofits and love to tear them apart if they glare. Driving a semi truck 100k miles a year I see my share of idiots with crap lights in them. while I am here, I saw mentioned about the P5 getting a best headlight category in a magazine in it's day. IMO there were others that I have had that had way better light control over the low and high beams but I may have mis read that post or have incomplete information lol

Upvote 0
Looks like high beams here. right about that second white line there is a defined cutoff where the beam starts from the HB. What I am looking for is a pic of the car facing a light colored wall parked about 30ft away with only low beams on. That will show the cut off if one is even left lol. that is really the only acceptable demonstration for low beam performance in the glare category. Rolling night shots are neigh on impossible to properly convey as the night performance of cameras (esp cell cams) varies with settings and actual camera sensor quality. I am really picky with these retrofits and love to tear them apart if they glare. Driving a semi truck 100k miles a year I see my share of idiots with crap lights in them. while I am here, I saw mentioned about the P5 getting a best headlight category in a magazine in it's day. IMO there were others that I have had that had way better light control over the low and high beams but I may have mis read that post or have incomplete information lol
Yep, they're hign beams. I have no leisure taking a picture of the car facing a light colored wall parked about 30ft away with only low beams on.I prefer to judge the quality of the product in the review on the website. IMO LED bulbs on the market are either too expensive or of poor quality. At least these bulbs made a good impression on me.

Upvote 0
Pictures Suck.
I have not used AUXITO‘s headlamps. I bought their reverse lights a few months ago.
Admit the bulbs are well bulit. Nice package, Their reversing lights are the best I've ever used.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Back