Rear air conditioning better than the front

Thanks for the information. In the topic above there is a link where the service is and there is one expansion valve in the diagram. I don't see the other.

If there are two evaporators, there will be two expansion valves. The suction tube (large)
should be cold coming out of each evaporator.
number 1. Expansion valve. there is one, I cannot see the other.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-06-11-11-36-34-96.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-06-11-11-36-34-96.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 84
Thanks for the information. In the topic above there is a link where the service is and there is one expansion valve in the diagram. I don't see the other.
Just looked at Rock Auto parts. They list both a front and rear expansion valve with different part #'s

Air conditioning service indicates that the evaporator or its connections are leaking. I will disassemble the dashboard myself. Does anyone have videos of such work? any hints?

Air conditioning service indicates that the evaporator or its connections are leaking. I will disassemble the dashboard myself. Does anyone have videos of such work? any hints?
As both the front and rear evaporators operate off the same refrigerant system, it is important to identify the area of the leak to reduce your disassembly time. If rear was cooling well are you sure there is a leak?

A few days ago, the back stopped cooling. 50gr r134a left. The sensor shows r134a in the front air vents. Diagnosis of leaky evaporator. I don't know if the O-rings are leaking or the evaporator is leaky. I have to take the cockpit down. A lot of work. I am also thinking to give a sealant for the air conditioning system? What do you think?

A few days ago, the back stopped cooling. 50gr r134a left. The sensor shows r134a in the front air vents. Diagnosis of leaky evaporator. I don't know if the O-rings are leaking or the evaporator is leaky. I have to take the cockpit down. A lot of work. I am also thinking to give a sealant for the air conditioning system? What do you think?
My profession is automotive air conditioning. If sensor is picking up R134A in front vents,
most likely a leaking coil rather than o-rings. If you are selling the car soon, give the sealant a try. If you are planning to have the car over a year, replace the coil. sealants can lead to other issues.

Sealants work by hardening when exposed to air. During a leak as the gas escapes, it hardens (seals) at the point of exit sealing the leak. If your system is not evacuated properly and contains some air after adding sealant, bad things can happen. Also in the future if the system is opened to replace a component, when the oil is exposed to air it can cause
serious issues going forward.

Today I wanted to pull out the evaporator. Failed to. A lot of work. I removed the cockpit and got to the heater. To remove the heaters, unscrew the metal beam. There is a screw on one side and 3 square screws from the bar They are welded together. I don't know how to unscrew them.Is the evaporator behind the heater? Can it be unscrewed from the bottom of the heater?

Last edited:
Today I wanted to pull out the evaporator. Failed to. A lot of work. I removed the cockpit and got to the heater. To remove the heaters, unscrew the metal beam. There is a screw on one side and 3 square screws from the bar They are welded together. I don't know how to unscrew them.Is the evaporator behind the heater? Can it be unscrewed from the bottom of the heater?
This is not going to be a fun job, I found a you tube video but it is poor. I have not done a CX9 myself but have done a Ford Edge which is similar. The link to the service manual in this thread should help. Good luck! Mazda cx9 changed evaporator and expansion valve

Thank you, but I saw it. For me, it is difficult to detach the heater tubes from the bulkhead wall. Are there any latches? how to do it? The second problem is the screws from the metal pipe under the board. The left side has 3 screws and the outer side. 1 screw is in the pit.

How to disconnect the heater tubes from the wall? How to do it?

Attachments

• IMG-20220625-WA0009~2.jpeg
    IMG-20220625-WA0009~2.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 77
Check it out. My A / C evaporator.

Attachments

• IMG20220630210205.jpg
    IMG20220630210205.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG20220630210100.jpg
    IMG20220630210100.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 72
Colleagues, what is this sensor? He's stuck in the coolers. Antifreeze?

Attachments

• IMG20220630210235.jpg
    IMG20220630210235.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG20220630210205.jpg
    IMG20220630210205.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 77
Expansion valve. Can I unscrew the nut? Can it be taken apart and cleaned?

Attachments

• 151769-2d6702f6ca84f0448af18c87bd2b4368.jpeg
    151769-2d6702f6ca84f0448af18c87bd2b4368.jpeg
    3.8 KB · Views: 60
The temperature sensor is used to prevent coil freeze up. The oily areas on the coil are the potential leak areas, as compressor oil exits with the leaking refrigerant. The hex plug on the valve is for factory adjustment. Its best to replace expansion valve with new. That is the heart of a proper operating evaporator.

So I will not unscrew because then there may be problems. The valve can always be replaced without removing the evaporator. Now I don't have a valve and online purchases are a waste of time.

Last edited:
Back