Are you content with 19” Toyos or replacing them ASAP?

Figured I'd add on here... the Toyos were ok performance-wise but mine are pretty much dead @ 23k with consistent rotations.
Bought my cpo with 17k miles on the tires and they were DOA. Still had some barely legal tread so dealer wouldn't switch em out. They only lasted on my car several weeks before switched over to Nokian's for winter.

And now Firestone AT for the summer.

Would never buy Toyo's.

I run all terrains and winters but if wanted another all-season to replace the Toyo's, would get Michelin's CC2.

Granted I only have 3000 kilometers on them, but I really like the Toyo A36s so far. Great grip in dry and wet; and smooth ride as well. I know they are not going to last long, but still.

I realize this is an older thread…I got just over 32k miles on my Toyo A36s. And no, I wouldn’t buy them again. IMO, and verified by reviews (TireRack, etc.) they are a middle of the road tire at best. Where I live I have no use for all season tires, much less for actual winter ones…so I normally put/use UHP summer tires on my cars (Michelin or Contis). However, we have been doing more winter travel and have been caught in weather well below 40F…and even snow. And that is a no, no for UHP summer only tires…So I am switching to the Mich Pilot Sport All Season 4s. Now I can admit that I am a tire snob…but if you are happy with the Toyos go for it…just know that there are significantly better options out there…if you want to spend the money.

I realize this is an older thread…I got just over 32k miles on my Toyo A36s. And no, I wouldn’t buy them again. IMO, and verified by reviews (TireRack, etc.) they are a middle of the road tire at best. Where I live I have no use for all season tires, much less for actual winter ones…so I normally put/use UHP summer tires on my cars (Michelin or Contis). However, we have been doing more winter travel and have been caught in weather well below 40F…and even snow. And that is a no, no for UHP summer only tires…So I am switching to the Mich Pilot Sport All Season 4s. Now I can admit that I am a tire snob…but if you are happy with the Toyos go for it…just know that there are significantly better options out there…if you want to spend the money.
Hey...when your Toyos got close to 32K did they make a lot of road noise?? Ours are at 32K and the noise is really bad over 20 MPH.

Hey...when your Toyos got close to 32K did they make a lot of road noise?? Ours are at 32K and the noise is really bad over 20 MPH.
Yes, the road noise now is much more noticeable than before. However, in my experience tire noise always goes up as the miles pile on. It does so very subtly…then one day it’s like…”Dang, these tires are noisy!”

Yes, the road noise now is much more noticeable than before. However, in my experience tire noise always goes up as the miles pile on. It does so very subtly…then one day it’s like…”Dang, these tires are noisy!”
Well, we replaced our very noisy Toyos at 32K miles today. Who, what a difference! Tire noise is gone completely! Nice smooth quiet ride now....like when our CX5 was new!

Well, we replaced our very noisy Toyos at 32K miles today. Who, what a difference! Tire noise is gone completely! Nice smooth quiet ride now....like when our CX5 was new!
My Michelin PS All Season 4’s went on yesterday. I’ll use our drive up to SC in a few weeks to really judge their performance. Glad you are happy with your new tires.

I would get rid of the Toyos today if I could but I have to wait for the wheels I want to get off backorder.

My 2019 CX5 GT-R only has about 15,600 miles on the original Toyo A36's. The front tires are almost down to the bars. I have never had them rotated, my fault. But the tread life is still pitiful. As is the performance in light snow. Never had problems with vibration and they do ride and handle well in dry weather.

Looks like I'll be shopping for Michelin Pilot Sport 4 All Season or Conti DSW06 Extreme Contacts in the near future.

Back