Soul Red - Body shop advice?

All - My 2019 Soul Red CX-9 got hit by someone from the passenger side. Need to replace the 2 doors plus the front quarter panel. I am trying to decide where I should go for repair. I understand that Soul Red is a special paint, and not just any body shop can fix it. Any advise or questions that I should ask the body shop? Not sure if Soul Red owners have gone through similar experience. Thanks.

Our Soul Red 2017 was hit from behind. Damage was minor but liftgate and bumper needed to be repainted. We cannot tell the difference even after a year and a half from the repair. Need a quality body shop and discuss the paint with the.

All - My 2019 Soul Red CX-9 got hit by someone from the passenger side. Need to replace the 2 doors plus the front quarter panel. I am trying to decide where I should go for repair. I understand that Soul Red is a special paint, and not just any body shop can fix it. Any advise or questions that I should ask the body shop? Not sure if Soul Red owners have gone through similar experience. Thanks.
Is this covered by insurance? If so get a couple of approved body shops from your insurance company. Another option is ask your dealer for a recommendation. Some larger dealers do their own work.

Another option is ask your dealer for a recommendation. Some larger dealers do their own work.
^^This. It stands to reason these are the places with the most experience with that paint. Avoid insurance company recommendations. That's likely to be the cheapest option where the risk of a hack job goes up.

Mazda dealer with body shop. Some dealer body shops are on the insurance list. Or find a large volume body shop that has experience with Mazda and ppg paints. Although some local body shops may do great work, they just don't have the practice with these hard to match paints.

Soul Red has been out for a while now, it's not impossible for experienced body shops to do.

Weathered body/paint will likely not match brand new factory ones, so experienced body shops also compensate for that when repairing specific panels.

I had a door done by non-Mazda body shop and it looked fine. (Most dealerships of any brand in my location do not do body repairs.)

Latest posts

Back