Adding Sub and Amp question (2022 CX-5)

:
2022 CX-5 CE
Looking to add a line out converter for a sub, and amp on 22 CX-5 non Bose system.

In need of a diagram for which, and where the speaker wires are behind the glove box to tap into for the LOC.

You ever get information about wiring diagram stuff? Wanting to wire up an amp but not sure where to start as I'm not used to new vehicles. Thanks

Upvote 0
Almost all new quality amps and processers will take a direct in high power speaker level signal. There is no need to purchase an LOC anymore. Those days are long gone.

Upvote 0

Attachments

• amplifier without bose.jpg
    amplifier without bose.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 1,349
Upvote 0
Almost all new quality amps and processers will take a direct in high power speaker level signal. There is no need to purchase an LOC anymore. Those days are long gone.
Yes, but you will have better choice (obviously depends on the brand and model chosen for the task) in input control when adding a separate sub-woofer and AMP.

I had to use a Rockford 3SIXTY3 signal processor for my systm after trying an AudioControl LC1i a Maestro and then finally the successfully install of the 3SIXTY3.
I guess it just depends on your budget and your lessening variable for quality reproduction of music standards. My Mazda is late production 2018 with factory BOSE.

Upvote 0
The Rockford 3Sixty.3 is a prime example of a quality piece that you feed with speaker level inputs instead of an LOC. That's a nice DSP for sure.

Another good one is the JL Audio Cleansweep. Fact is, if you try to use an LOC with the Cleansweep, it defeats the entire purpose of buying it!

Upvote 0
Maybe one day we'll meet up. I've attended several MECA/IASCA World Finals. Not as a competitor though, never had that opportunity yet.

That install I did in the wife's Mazda5 was actually super-budget oriented, believe it or not. Whenever have time to do my CX-5, I'm going all out with a Helix DSP and Linear Power amps and speakers. :) I already have the stuff assembled, it's sitting on my shelf, I just have to find time to do it.

Upvote 0
I have installed two complete sets of K2 Focal in all 4 doors, front and rear, Focal Mids and tweeter in the rear shelf and pillar, front pillars Focal tweeters. 2 Rockford P3s in a custom calculated and built box and everything run through the factory Mazda controls and all have their own dedicated Rockford amps,3, P400x,P1000X1BD respectively .

Upvote 0
Thanks for the diagram jh87. You're a king
Are there drawbacks to just tapping into the output of the factory amp(Non-Bose)?
I'm wondering if it's more beneficial to bypass it. And if you do bypass it, do you lose anything like door chimes, seatbelt chimes, blindspot chimes, etc?

I would much rather just tap into the output wires for each channel, but willing to take the time to figure out which input wires are which if it means there's a benefit.

Upvote 0
I bypassed factory amp - but craftily in end left in situ and wired a small speaker to it under dash so beepers , chimes etc still sound separate to main system for slow manoeuvres etc with HiFi off in mono….😊

Upvote 0
Planning on similar upgrade but what’s looking for help from my Nj/NY/Ct areas for assistance. Willing to supply beer and pizza for help!

Upvote 0
So I'm Confused does an LOC not need to be installed on a 2022 non bose? I'm looking to add the jbl basspro hub (in tire sub). So I know a remote line is needed and I was assuming I could use a LOC that has a remote wire connected to it and just tap the LOC into the wire harness under the seat to the speaker amps to the rear speakers. Is this not needed at all with the LOC or a dumb move how would one suggest it to simplify and make it work best.

Upvote 0
I have replaced pillar speakers in my 2022 non bose CX5. I think there is a need for a centre speaker to improve vocal sounds. Would a dsp give me the correct phasing and mix solution?

Upvote 0
Yes. With a properly tuned DSP (properly being the key here!), no center channel is needed at all.
I don't get that. The tweeters are the only speakers at ear height and their range is at the top of the audio spectrum. Door speakers are surely too far from the dash level to be effective. Note I have never before tried to get good sound from car audio, so a newbie here although I have had quality home system and had a vast improvement to home system with a tuned centre speaker. Thanks though, can you explain further?

Upvote 0
Back