Off Topic Mazdas24/7 Official Smart Phone Thread

7eregrine

The man, the myth, the legend
:
Land of Cleve
:
2016.5 CX5
No there's nothing Official about it. :D I just like throwing that in there.

Just curious what phones are popular amongst the Mazda set. :D
I just got a Pixel 6 Pro and am IN LOVE with my phone all over again. Been some time since I've enjoyed a new phone so much.

What are you guys using and do you like it?

I got a Samsung S21 Ultra about a year ago and I've been enjoying it a lot. Very snappy phone with an excellent camera and really good battery life.

I know you like to snap photos of your CX-5 on occasion @7eregrine! Excited to see some new photos from your P6Pro! (y)

I like to switch brands. Sammy and Pixel are the only 2 I've never tried so it was between them.
My wife liked the P6 Pro so much the unthinkable has happened: she ditched her iPhone for it.
HELL YEA!

I've been running Motorola's for the last while: cheap and functional, with terrific battery life.

Before that I ran Nexus phones, and before that Samsung. After I switched from Samsung to Nexus, I found out what real Android is supposed to be! I definitely like real Android over Samsung's bastard creation.

I've been running Motorola's for the last while: cheap and functional, with terrific battery life.

Before that I ran Nexus phones, and before that Samsung. After I switched from Samsung to Nexus, I found out what real Android is supposed to be! I definitely like real Android over Samsung's bastard creation.

Yeah, I remember Nexus phones! I had an N1 and N4 before giving HTC a try. The Nexus phones were fun to customize, but that got old pretty fast for me. Now I don't really modify anything outside of the wallpapers, lol.

I'm the rare bird that LIKES all the cool stuff Sammy adds on top. Google steals the features and adds them to its phones. That's how good they are. Like "Flip to Ssshhh". Love that. Sammy did it first.

I was a Motorola guy for a long while. I still miss "Chop for Flashlight".

Camera is as good as they say. Battery life sucks though.

PXL_20220515_172746849.PORTRAIT.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20220515_204400887.jpg
    PXL_20220515_204400887.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 106
S22 Ultra. I decided I wanted a Note like device, and I totally use the s-pen for note taking. Helped that they gave me $700 on trade-in for my S9+.

Yea, Sammy always has those SIIIICK trade ins. It's not "Note Like"... it's the new Note with a new name. It was also on my short list until I read a review saying "It's basically the new Note since Sammy doesn't have a Note now"... and I didn't want a Note. :D

Yea, Sammy always has those SIIIICK trade ins. It's not "Note Like"... it's the new Note with a new name. It was also on my short list until I read a review saying "It's basically the new Note since Sammy doesn't have a Note now"... and I didn't want a Note. :D

That's more or less the reason my friend went with the Plus, he didn't want too large a phone. It's nice to have plenty of options!

Got the wife a new phone, because the battery in her Moto G7 was getting weak.

Took some of the advice on here, got her a Samsung A13 5G. HATED it. Absolutely LOATHED it. Sent it back for a refund, got her a Pixel 5a instead. Now that's a seriously nice phone. Yeah, it cost twice as much as the Samsung, but it's way, way better for sure. And to be honest, compared to an S22 or iPhone, it's still affordable for sure. Our carrier is Google Fi, and they only charged me $15/month for it (whereas I usually just pay for one outright) with a guaranteed upgrade in 2 years. Not too bad!

That's more or less the reason my friend went with the Plus, he didn't want too large a phone. It's nice to have plenty of options!
I used to be all about small phones and then I kinda flipped to the other extreme. This thing is much bigger than the S9+ it replaced.

Oh I know. I meant I had been thinking about getting something like a Note for a bit before these came out. Yep, it is the new Note.

Yeah that's a bad phone to get from Samsung. I would call the base S22 bad as well. My buddy who got one is constantly complaining about battery life.

I hold on to my phones for more than 2 years. Usually for as long as they do software updates for them. I feel like every 2 years is a waste of money. They just ended updates for my S9+ when I traded it in for the S22 Ultra. That was 4 years I had that phone.

One just has to be careful with how they treat the battery and charging. You can make it last. Leaving phones on chargers overnight for example - big no no.

I get a new phone every 12-18 months. Job pays for them. I'm going to try and make it 24 with this one. I don't baby the batteries when I can get one replaced for under $100.

Yeah that's a bad phone to get from Samsung. I would call the base S22 bad as well. My buddy who got one is constantly complaining about battery life.

I hold on to my phones for more than 2 years. Usually for as long as they do software updates for them. I feel like every 2 years is a waste of money. They just ended updates for my S9+ when I traded it in for the S22 Ultra. That was 4 years I had that phone.

One just has to be careful with how they treat the battery and charging. You can make it last. Leaving phones on chargers overnight for example - big no no.

That's likely what killed the battery in my Xiaomi MiMIX. It drains stupid fast now. Trying to avoid that mistake with my S21.

Back