What leather cleaner protectant for the Parchment leather seats?

Hi all, I just a picked up a 2016 CX-5 with the Parchment/white colored leather interior and I would like to get some recommendations for leather cleaners/conditioners that will work best for it.

All my other vehicles have darker leather so I've never had such light colored leather seats and I want to keep them looking good for as long as possible.

I would be very cautious any product that has any petroleum or *alcohol ingredients. Some of these products may claim to be good for leather, but after a couple years using them, the damage will be apparent and then there is no going back.
Just read the ingredients and not the reviews.

*Alcohol can be in many names other than the obvious spelling. Sometimes you need to take each ingredient and see what it actually is. And if there are too many proprietary ingredients for a leather treatment, I suggest passing on them. A supplier can call simple ingredients like "water" as proprietary to make some think its special and secret. :LOL:

Griot’s leather cleaner works well on my parchment leather. 3.5 years. No complaints, yet. And the fresh leather smell it leaves is intoxicating to those that enjoy the smell of leather in a new car.

Hi all, I just a picked up a 2016 CX-5 with the Parchment/white colored leather interior and I would like to get some recommendations for leather cleaners/conditioners that will work best for it.

All my other vehicles have darker leather so I've never had such light colored leather seats and I want to keep them looking good for as long as possible.

To keep the seats clean, I just use a mild detergent and water solution. Spray it on, agitate gently with a very soft brush or a microfiber towel, then wipe dry. With parchment interior, I would clean a little more often just to ensure that stains don't set in.

I use 303 Aerospace Protectant as a final wipe, as @hal2 mentioned above. It deepens the colour a bit, without looking or feeling greasy. It also offers UV protection, which may be helpful if your car sits outside all day and isn't tinted.

To keep the seats clean, I just use a mild detergent and water solution. Spray it on, agitate gently with a very soft brush or a microfiber towel, then wipe dry. With parchment interior, I would clean a little more often just to ensure that stains don't set in.

I use 303 Aerospace Protectant as a final wipe, as @hal2 mentioned above. It deepens the colour a bit, without looking or feeling greasy. It also offers UV protection, which may be helpful if your car sits outside all day and isn't tinted.

I have noticed a light bluish coloration on my driver’s back seat, rear bolster area. Near the crease that separates top from bottom. Continuous wearing of jeans. The blue dye in the fabric I pay particular attention to that area about every 3 months. So far, 36+ months in, so good.

The leather seats in my GTR are ventilated so I'm careful about too much liquid. I wet a microfiber cloth and wipe the seat down.

The leather seats in my GTR are ventilated so I'm careful about too much liquid. I wet a microfiber cloth and wipe the seat down.
That is the safest way and the way I do it. With heated seat coils underneath, you don’t want those to get shorted out. Although I believe they are insulated.

Back