Cycling favorites with the Steering wheel

Hi All, question, I had a '19 CX-5 Signature, that used to let me cycle through the favorites with the steering wheel buttons. However, my new '22 CX-5 signature doesn't let me do that anymore. It only rewinds the current XM station. Is there a way to switch this back?

Hi All, question, I had a '19 CX-5 Signature, that used to let me cycle through the favorites with the steering wheel buttons. However, my new '22 CX-5 signature doesn't let me do that anymore. It only rewinds the current XM station. Is there a way to switch this back?
22 changed way XM works with steering control, and I dislike it myself. You have to use the commander knob to cycle through favorites now to tune XM saved stations.

You can either press the favorites button then use the commander knob to select, or just spin the commander knob and it brings up the favorites.

does it mean that now the 2022 cx5 forward/reverse steering wheel buttons work as expected?
i.e scan the next available radio frequency and so on.

on mine it scans only through the favourites and there is no way to make it scan forward the next radio frequency from the steering wheel... only favorites.
They should have made an option in the radio settings to select what one wants the buttons to do.

does it mean that now the 2022 cx5 forward/reverse steering wheel buttons work as expected?
i.e scan the next available radio frequency and so on.

on mine it scans only through the favourites and there is no way to make it scan forward the next radio frequency from the steering wheel... only favorites.
They should have made an option in the radio settings to select what one wants the buttons to do.
It is only to scan through favorites on FM/AM, except XM, which is to reverse and forward the current playing station, as the radio has a recording buffer.

Yep- noticed the same thing with my '21. The new "updated" system took away the feature. What was Mazda thinking? It still works to change songs on AA with my music player of choice Jet Audio Plus. The way I accomplish the task with SiriusXM now is to rotate the dial on the center console.

Several small/odd things changed. On the 360 monitor (Signature) you could change the view using the center control knob, now you need to use the button on the dash only. Also, as it cycles through the 3 view, it ow also stops at the menu as it scrolls through the 3 views?

Back