Individual door Un-locking

speedbird1

2019 CX-5 2.2D, GT Sport, Nav + AWD
Hi all
I have scoured the handbook looking for a way to unlock ONLY the drivers door either with the key fob or by using the buttons on the door handle.
In my experience previously with other makes a single click on the fob opened the driver's door whilst two clicks in close succession opened the passenger door. (somewhat of a safety thing for lone women opening up the car in not the best places, multi story's and such at night)
Any ideas please.
Mike

I don't know what year, or model you have, but our 2019 Signature defaults to driver's door only with the door button. You can change it in the vehicle settings on the screen. I have never used the fob, so not sure if that matches the door button.

OK thank you for that @Sig cx-5 TBH i need to test this a bit more as I thought that if I touched the door button on the drivers door that would automatically open the passenger door, maybe i'm mistaken?

One click of the door button opens the drivers door only. Two fast clicks opens all.
I imagine this can be tweaked on one of the screens but I never needed to look.

@speedbird1 if you need pictures, let me know. I can run out to my car to snap a few. I have a 2018 CX-9, but the menu system should be very similar.

@speedbird1 if you need pictures, let me know. I can run out to my car to snap a few. I have a 2018 CX-9, but the menu system should be very similar.
@sm1ke thanks for that link, i will try to find the same in the CX-5 book then try to confirm either way when the car is back home. A second thought, if the driver for whatever reason goes to the passenger door does it require one or two pushes of the button to open the door?

First image from the US, second from the UK.
Seems a double tap of the key works differently.
Thanks all.

Screenshot 2022-05-04 at 15.35.14.png
Screenshot 2022-05-04 at 15.34.56.png

The second image (UK) seems to have truncated the "Method for unlocking doors using request switch/transmitter"

How is it different?

The second image (UK) seems to have truncated the "Method for unlocking doors using request switch/transmitter"

How is it different?
The UK version does not say anything other than what I copied, it certainly does not say "Method for unlocking doors using request switch/transmitter" or any other thing to mean that. I cannot find anything pertaining to 2 pushes of the key fob button or the small button on the handle, other than it double locks when leaving the car.

Yes, it looks like the UK models may have removed that feature for whatever reason, based on those pics.. hang on a minute

@sm1ke thanks for that link, i will try to find the same in the CX-5 book then try to confirm either way when the car is back home. A second thought, if the driver for whatever reason goes to the passenger door does it require one or two pushes of the button to open the door?
You can change it in the settings, but- if you have it so that the drivers door button unlocks only the drivers door with one click and all doors with two clicks, the button on the passenger door will open all doors with one click (at least in my '21 usa cx5) Playing around with your car you'll figure this out quicker than scrounging the internet btw

Hey, I appreciate all the help from you guys, unfortunately mine is already back at the dealer (3days) as the folding mirrors have jammed. According to the dealer it's a warranty job that Mazda are aware of and are going to deal with...... I will play with the locks later when it comes back.
Thanks again guys.

Drivers side is 1 touch to open everything. It's a PITA because my brain is programmed for 2 touches to unlock everything (from the drivers side) and when I'm on the passenger side I instictively press it twice which in effect relocks everything.

Hey, I appreciate all the help from you guys, unfortunately mine is already back at the dealer (3days) as the folding mirrors have jammed. According to the dealer it's a warranty job that Mazda are aware of and are going to deal with...... I will play with the locks later when it comes back.
Thanks again guys.

This is what the menu options look like in my CX-9. If it's with the dealer right now, you can ask them to look into this for you.

@sm1ke wow! how the hell did you do that and get it up to YT so quick. I will follow those instructions later when it's back , but TBH i cannot remember seeing those screen when I was 'playing' with it over the weekend.
I will for sure let you know.
Cheers

@sm1ke wow! how the hell did you do that and get it up to YT so quick. I will follow those instructions later when it's back , but TBH i cannot remember seeing those screen when I was 'playing' with it over the weekend.
I will for sure let you know.
Cheers

Lol, I just recorded the video with my phone and then shared/uploaded it to the YouTube app. (y)

Hope it helps! But definitely ask if a tech can answer your questions about the door lock behaviour once you get the car back, so that you can avoid a separate dealer visit.

Back