From a 2017 CX-5 to a 2020 with All Wheel Drive

The reason why I bought a newer model was because of the leg room as I am a tad under 6’2”
There is also Apple Car Play which I love.
Has anyone done the same and if so what differences have you noticed.
I want checking to see how different the gas mileage will be.
The 2020 seems to be the nicer ride over all

Is there even a difference between the 2017 and 2020 apart from the additional turbo, logo style change and cylinder deactivation?

No change in size between the years mentioned. Curious what your legroom issue is. I'm 6'4" and am quite comfortable in our 2019. With the seat all the way back and a few tweaks, it's 100x better than my wife's old CR-V.

No change in size between the years mentioned. Curious what your legroom issue is. I'm 6'4" and am quite comfortable in our 2019. With the seat all the way back and a few tweaks, it's 100x better than my wife's old CR-V.
Looking at the specs I believe they moved back the console housing. Because in my old 17 on the gas pedal side my knee was much closer than on the 2020.

I think there is more clearance for right knee on 2020 vs my old 2016. I also think it is quieter, maybe a bit better gas mileage with CD and I love the stuff in premium - ventilated seats and key fob auto position seats, folding mirrors, walk away locking and radar cruise. I think the transmission is a bit softer and the blind spot mirror is not as sensitives.

I think there is more clearance for right knee on 2020 vs my old 2016. I also think it is quieter, maybe a bit better gas mileage with CD and I love the stuff in premium - ventilated seats and key fob auto position seats, folding mirrors, walk away locking and radar cruise. I think the transmission is a bit softer and the blind spot mirror is not as sensitives.
I measured and measured before I pulled the trigger it was definitely a difference.
The ride does seem considerably smoother than my 17. I have the all wheel drive
and I do appreciate the slightly larger gas tank. I am averaging 27mpg thus far

I measured and measured before I pulled the trigger it was definitely a difference.
The ride does seem considerably smoother than my 17. I have the all wheel drive
and I do appreciate the slightly larger gas tank. I am averaging 27mpg thus far
It's all in your head, but I'm glad you like it. There were no changes to the interior between the 2017 and 2020 models. The only changes done since 2017, was they claim to have improved seat comfort, whatever that means, on the 2022.

I thought you had a 2017???
I just traded my 17 for the 2020. It was because of the extra space. I have low back issues so thats
why I went from a sedan to an SUV because it sits higher. Throwing in the extra few inches of space was a plus that’s why I pulled the trigger. If it were not for that I would not have traded.

It's all in your head, but I'm glad you like it. There were no changes to the interior between the 2017 and 2020 models. The only changes done since 2017, was they claim to have improved seat comfort, whatever that means, on the 2022.
I measured and measured and there seemed to be a distinct difference I sat in the 2022 and there was a noticeable difference in leg room and it’s the same for the 2020.

I measured and measured and there seemed to be a distinct difference I sat in the 2022 and there was a noticeable difference in leg room and it’s the same for the 2020.
You may want to tell Mazda, since they claim no changes in any interior capacity since the redesign in 2016.5. Did you go from cloth to leather?

Is the body style the same from your 17 to the 20? The headlights/tail lights look the same or different between the two? I am wondering if you had the last year of the previous gen CX-5.

Is the body style the same from your 17 to the 20? The headlights/tail lights look the same or different between the two? I am wondering if you had the last year of the previous gen CX-5.
There may have been a slight difference but not much

The only visible difference on the exterior would be the wheel style (which changed from the two tone black/silver on the 17/18 model to solid silver on the 19/20/21) and the font of the lettering on the rear hatch which is straight up and down on the 20 vs the slanted font used on 17-19.

I was way off on the leg room, maybe it was the telescopic tilt wheel.
The ride is smoother and the torque comes in at 186/4000rpm.
Also the sport mode is much better if I didn’t mention it the adaptive cruise
control

You may want to tell Mazda, since they claim no changes in any interior capacity since the redesign in 2016.5. Did you go from cloth to leather?
Don’t know what I was thinking you were right maybe I just wanted a new car maybe it was the telescopic tilt steering

Back