CX-60 PHEV reveal on March 8th

I’m liking this! Well done…Wonder what it would look like in that red..:love:

Ps…Once again, I’m getting all my CX-60 news here, this is fantastic coverage and commentary everyone..(y)
Red does look nice!
1646827461457.png

I created another Photoshop hack job, this time based on a red CX-60 using Volvo XC-60 wheels:

CX-60-red-5.png

The original image appears to be a base model due to the black plastic lower trims and different front bumper design to the other images we've seen:

CX-60-red.png

I'm still not a fan of the weird looking headlights, but the overall design is slowly growing on me. I love the interior, and the PHEV drivetrain promises to deliver the goods in terms of performance, efficiency and driver engagement, so it is high on my list as a replacement for my CX-5 GT Turbo when it eventually reaches Australia at the end of the year.

Maybe it's just me, but I much prefer this bumper design to the ones shown in the press kit and video
I think I prefer this lower-spec one as well. The vents look sleeker and the overall design looks sharper and less blunt-nosed. The higher-spec bumper has some awkward shapes which are particularly apparent in the lighter colours.

The big question now is price. Hopefully they're able to price it competitively

I don't think it's confirmed, but the rumor is that North America is not going to get the Sky-X version of the 6 cyl. Instead it will be traditional combustion with turbocharging. I suspect the same things that prevented the 4 cyl. Sky-X from coming to NA are still at play: poor gas quality, different emission standards requiring expensive and lengthy re-testing, etc.

So folks wanting better efficiency may be limited to the hybrid version. Any Mazda with an inline 6 engine is still exciting IMO. There is something special about this type of engine and its naturally balanced architecture and firing order. They just feel better than other engines, including V8s in my personal opinion. Only a V12 with an ideal bank angle improves upon the straight 6 engine for smoothness and feel.

With seemingly everything having a 2.0 liter turbo 4 in it these days it's nice to see Mazda take the chance here and go out with a bang before the big pivot to all electric comes in the coming years.

I don't think it's confirmed, but the rumor is that North America is not going to get the Sky-X version of the 6 cyl. Instead it will be traditional combustion with turbocharging. I suspect the same things that prevented the 4 cyl. Sky-X from coming to NA are still at play: poor gas quality, different emission standards requiring expensive and lengthy re-testing, etc.

So folks wanting better efficiency may be limited to the hybrid version. Any Mazda with an inline 6 engine is still exciting IMO. There is something special about this type of engine and its naturally balanced architecture and firing order. They just feel better than other engines, including V8s in my personal opinion. Only a V12 with an ideal bank angle improves upon the straight 6 engine for smoothness and feel.

With seemingly everything having a 2.0 liter turbo 4 in it these days it's nice to see Mazda take the chance here and go out with a bang before the big pivot to all electric comes in the coming years.

The other major issue with the Sky-X is that the manual version gets great mileage but the automatic version honestly is not much different than the Sky-G (for the same displacement).

Last edited:
He (in video) said, starting at $50k Euro for PHEV.

Thanks, I just skipped through the video and didn't catch the price initially. Is it true what he says about CX-60 PHEV pricing starting from where the 2022 CX-5 tops out? If so, does that mean that CX-60 PHEV pricing would start at just over $40k, climbing to $50-55k for a fully optioned top trim?

That is a lot of money for an X-3. We crossed shopped that when my wife purchased her CX-5.
I'm only going with what their website says (I don't live in Germany), I have no idea if they offer any discounts.
Here in Denmark the prices are even higher, so I can't use them for comparison.

Back