2017~2024 LED headligts

BWJ

:
CX-60 Takumi
Do others have the experience that the LED becomes weaker with time (1 YEAR) or it may be the adaptive control in the lights that can not regulate properly, sometimes the light is brighter than other times.

Do others have the experience that the LED becomes weaker with time (1 YEAR) or it may be the adaptive control in the lights that can not regulate properly, sometimes the light is brighter than other times.
Do you have the ALH since you’re in Denmark? If you feel the LED lighting has become weaker than before (something has changed), you should take the CX-5 to the Mazda dealer and check it out. The ALH is a sophisticated system and only the dealer can diagnose the problem if any.

Reactions: BWJ
Could it be simple loss of output over time?

Frank

LED Output Loss.jpg

Could it be simple loss of output over time?

Frank

View attachment 306520
But OP’s CX-5 is only one year old? Although we don’t get ALH in the US, the LED headlights with AFS on my 2016 CX-5 GT with Tech are almost 4 years old (replaced both once due to failed LED DRLs at the end of 3rd year), I don’t see any degrading on light output so far. 3,000 ~ 4,000 operating hours are a long time for headlights, even if OP’s CX-5 uses LED headlights as DRLs like the US CX-5 although I highly doubt that would be the case with ALH.

Since yours is an optimum version you probably have a multibeam adaptive head light. I have a vision plus with single led single beam, shutter controlled automatic high beam, a simpler technique to yours. I have not seen any drop in brightness in my headlights in the 5 years that I have owned this car. I am more than satisfied with the light out put. Have you checked if the multibeam has all the beams working as they should? Does it still change the beam pattern as you approach another car in front of you at night? Can you see the difference in beam pattern when you are the only driver on the road at night Vs another car in front of you

Since yours is an optimum version you probably have a multibeam adaptive head light. I have a vision plus with single led single beam, shutter controlled automatic high beam, a simpler technique to yours. I have not seen any drop in brightness in my headlights in the 5 years that I have owned this car. I am more than satisfied with the light out put. Have you checked if the multibeam has all the beams working as they should? Does it still change the beam pattern as you approach another car in front of you at night? Can you see the difference in beam pattern when you are the only driver on the road at night Vs another car in front of you
Yes i have multibeam light, the issue was solved by resetting the control unit, now i have full output again, - done by dealer.

Yes i have multibeam light, the issue was solved by resetting the control unit, now i have full output again, - done by dealer.
Hope you picked up the resetting technique from the dealer, you may need it if it plays up again. Thank you for letting us know.

Reset can only be performed with authorized auto diagnostic equipment, I was informed, however, it was free. :)

Latest posts

Back