What did you pay for your CX-5?

CE is a sweet looking car, esp if you get the red interior. And one that I think will be a desirable configuration down the road.

It's about average depreciation for it's category. Not taking into account the crazy car market right now. But, of course, you are buying the top rated car in its class so the expericence will be worth the aver depreciation. But, IMHO the CE will do at least as well as the ave for the CX-5's and maybe better due to it's curb appeal. The red interior is a personal choice, I think it really stands out against the gray paint. FWIW, our GT-R is Soul Red/Parchment.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/mazda-cx-5-depreciation-best-worst/

https://caredge.com/mazda/cx-5/depreciation

I'm about to close on a 2021 Carbon Turbo AWD--had to be a '21, because I believe the '22 Carbon does not come in a Turbo. Please rate my deal so I know if I'm getting my money's worth :) This is in Seattle, WA.

$32,160
Base MSRP
$1,175​
Destination fee
$300​
Dealer options (lug nuts and cargo mat)
$33,635
Total MSRP
$708​
Government fee
$150​
Doc fee
$2,395​
Taxes @ 10.7%
$36,888
Total out of pocket

The Doc fee in WA is capped at $150, but that $708 "Government fee" that supposedly includes registrations, etc. seems on the higher side.

I'm fine with the dealer options since this particular model has been tough to get this year. Appreciate your comments.

Full disclosure: actual out-of-pocket costs are lower due to trade-in and tax savings on the difference, in Washington state.
Hard to say without knowing the trade details. Otherwise, that's a model of deal presentation others should follow. Today as in normal times what you do or don't get off MSRP is dependent on how much the dealer can make off the trade.

Hi
Am Planning to get Carbon Edition 2022 one
Quote i got -
MSRP-31,830
OTD-34,395
Spoke with 4 dealers here in Atlanta, this is the best offer am seeing currently. No one is willing to go down off MSRP citing current market.
Let me know if this is a good deal or can I negotiate further, also if you guys know any dealers in Atlanta let me know
Assuming you can’t get any movement from MSRP (good assumption I think), and assuming they didn’t fudge the MSRP (can they do that? Simple check on the website), that sounds plenty fair. Comes out to 8.06% for tax, tag, title, and BS.

Try to get splash guards. Hardly any labor, and keeps the skirting a tad cleaner. Footwell lighting is nice, but may be tough to get. My Accord needed a dealer installed harness for it and was like a 3 hr job. Optional parking sensors took 6 hr cause they had to learn how to do it. I almost felt bad for talking the price down after looking up how much labor was involved.

Assuming you can’t get any movement from MSRP (good assumption I think), and assuming they didn’t fudge the MSRP (can they do that? Simple check on the website), that sounds plenty fair. Comes out to 8.06% for tax, tag, title, and BS.

Try to get splash guards. Hardly any labor, and keeps the skirting a tad cleaner. Footwell lighting is nice, but may be tough to get. My Accord needed a dealer installed harness for it and was like a 3 hr job. Optional parking sensors took 6 hr cause they had to learn how to do it. I almost felt bad for talking the price down after looking up how much labor was involved.
They didn’t fudge the MSRP I guess, Checked on the website and truecar. Checked the invoice as well. Yup will check on the splash guards thanks man

It's about average depreciation for it's category. Not taking into account the crazy car market right now. But, of course, you are buying the top rated car in its class so the expericence will be worth the aver depreciation. But, IMHO the CE will do at least as well as the ave for the CX-5's and maybe better due to it's curb appeal. The red interior is a personal choice, I think it really stands out against the gray paint. FWIW, our GT-R is Soul Red/Parchment.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/mazda-cx-5-depreciation-best-worst/

https://caredge.com/mazda/cx-5/depreciation
Thanks for the information, appreciate it 😊

Just left the dealer this morning. Expected to arrive in ~4 weeks. Dealer required a $2,500 deposit to hold the car, which is non-refundable unless the car isn't as described.

2022 CX-5 Turbo
Machine Grey with Black Interior
Sticker (including accessories and delivery): $39,070
Sales Price: $38,125
Doc Fee: $699
Etching: $399
Loyalty: $-500
NJ Taxes (6%) and DMV: $3,027
Out the Door Price: $41,750

Not thrilled with the deal, but overall don't feel like I got ripped off at the end of it. They would not remove the etch fee, but claimed to have gone lower on the sales price to back it out.

If every dealer actually made ONLY their BS doc fee on every car they sold, they would be doing just fine. They make more than you think on both ends. It's all about what they think they can get out of YOU the buyer on a sale. It's exactly like poker. You need to know the rules of how to play the game and read people.

Back