Crank no start msp swap...Help!

Hi I need help really bad. I just finished swapping a msp engine and manual transmission into my p5. It’s times has fuel and spark and air. It cranks but won’t start sometime it’ll crank and then have one little pop but it won’t start. I have the msp and manual ecu in i have all the wires grounded. I just can’t get it to start. Please if anyone has anything that can help me

How do you know it has fuel? Pull out the plugs and crank the car over for a few seconds. Do you see fuel mist? When is the last time the car was running?

Ok well how do you know that you have fuel? Are the plugs soaked in fuel when you pull them out? How do you know you have spark? Did you actually see the plug get sparked? What tests have you actually done?

Ok well how do you know that you have fuel? Are the plugs soaked in fuel when you pull them out? How do you know you have spark? Did you actually see the plug get sparked? What tests have you actually done?
Ok so I did all the test with the right tools for everything. But I did a compression test and there is no compression. I’m gonna take the head off check the piston rings and swap it with my old head that worked.

Ok so I did all the test with the right tools for everything. But I did a compression test and there is no compression. I’m gonna take the head off check the piston rings and swap it with my old head that worked.
Didn't you get any warranty with the engine/tranny, where you can at least return or exchange when it's DOA?

Why not do a leak down test first, which usually can pinpoint the specific problem fairly well, before going through all that work?

Didn't you get any warranty with the engine/tranny, where you can at least return or exchange when it's DOA?

Why not do a leak down test first, which usually can pinpoint the specific problem fairly well, before going through all that work?
I can try that. The guy I bought it from Im gonna work something out with him once i figure out whats wrong. But I hope I can get this thing running.

Did you make sure to swap crank sensor to a working one? And double check your timing marks are correct?

Did you make sure to swap crank sensor to a working one? And double check your timing marks are correct?
Yeahhh everything is good it runs and drives now just some small issues with vacuum and breaks and idle. Just some things here and there

Vacuum leaks can cause bad idle. To locate them try and start car and while its idling spray carb cleaner around the throttle body base, intake manifold mount and any vacuum hoses. The idle should pick up if there is a leak around the area so you know where the leak is

Back