Interior piano black covers

:
Phoenix
:
2021 signature
This has been discussed but I wanted to post it while I had the link, Many threads/inquiries about panel covers for the console. I have this one which is complete with cup holder and door panel also. No cut out for the front pass door door lock, but easy enough to dremmel out. Fit is good with double sided tape that can still be removed. It's a thin pliable metal

I was thinking about ordering this one since it seems the center console gets the most abuse.

This has been discussed but I wanted to post it while I had the link, Many threads/inquiries about panel covers for the console. I have this one which is complete with cup holder and door panel also. No cut out for the front pass door door lock, but easy enough to dremmel out. Fit is good with double sided tape that can still be removed. It's a thin pliable metal

What did you use to "dremmel out" where the passenger lock/unlock button it? I've always wanted to get those door covers but was scared that cutting a piece out for that button would be too much of a pain or not look good. But I would order if I knew a good way, so I'm curious how you did it.

What did you use to "dremmel out" where the passenger lock/unlock button it? I've always wanted to get those door covers but was scared that cutting a piece out for that button would be too much of a pain or not look good. But I would order if I knew a good way, so I'm curious how you did it.
I'm not trying to be a wise guy, but I used, uh, a Dremmel, the cut-off wheel. The thing is, for the price of the other limited sets (just the centers) this is a whole set

I bought one from eBay. I only got the center console piece.
I threw it away. Here is why.

There were short segments of 3M tapes on the back side.
The problem was that the piece was slightly twisted (not leveled).
The 3M tapes were able to hold it for a few days and one of the corners would pop up later. I was not sure benting it would be a good idea since it is made of aluminum....
So, I threw it away.

Just to share my bad experience with something poorly made.
Maybe your luck will be better. :)

The 3M tapes were able to hold it for a few days and one of the corners would pop up later. I was not sure benting it would be a good idea since it is made of aluminum....
So, I threw it away.

That's why I would buy something like this from Amazon. If there's a problem you can just return it & get your money refunded. There's a Amazon return station in the Kohl's near me and you don't even have to package it up.

It's always good to get a recent/updated link like this. Thanks!
I hate all the piano black on the center console so definitely want to replace it.

Another potential, though probably expensive way, is to cover it with PPF like film. I had all the Piano Black exterior pillars on my wife's car covered with 3M PPF. Very good decision. No scratches, even after she runs it through our local car wash

I bought a clear film set from mikstoreph.com but still need to finish the install. No instructions but got the driver window switch on fairly easily. The set includes 4 window switch films, then two for the center console.

I took my shifter console off (very easy), I un-clipped all the individual pieces, and wrapped them in matte-black. Turned out great. See my more recent post for pictures.

@hal2 is yours still holding up? I am considering getting a set for my CX-5 as well. I am also planning on dremeling out the passenger side lock/unlock part.

@hal2 is yours still holding up? I am considering getting a set for my CX-5 as well. I am also planning on dremeling out the passenger side lock/unlock part.
Not really. The part is holding up fine, but the bushed metal look still scratched up pretty easy, so I took a spray can of black and now it's flat black, but still better, IMO, than the scratched up look

So, I threw it away.

All you had to do was bend them into proper angles and would of stayed on.. They are so thin, they can easily get bent while being packed or shipped.

All you had to do was bend them into proper angles and would of stayed on.. They are so thin, they can easily get bent while being packed or shipped.
Yup. These have stayed on for over a year after initially massaging them to form

Back