Dealership ruined paint

Yeah, I’m not sure why it looks like two strips like that. I think it’s because the parking lot lights are the two headed ones and it’s coming across that way in the picture. The way it actually looks is those swirl marks cover everything evenly. Like I said in an earlier post, it’s every panel of the vehicle, top to bottom and left to right. Not one inch was spared basically

File a BBB complaint immediately. They should respond and should be more productive. If no resolve, then send an email to every higher up you can find at that dealership, including the owner. Lastly, if you still have no resolve, have the job done yourself at your choice shop and send them the bill. Threaten to take them to small claims and post on every dealer review board you can. Scumbags
Well, it's not over yet but I did as @Tchman2016 suggested and filed a complaint with the BBB. In the complaint I uploaded the photos from this thread as well as a quote from a local detailer, who I've used once before and is a stand real stand up guy from my previous dealings with him. Well, the GM called me today; yes, the same guy that went straight into car salesman mode when I was there the other day to explain away the scuffs, and told me he would reimburse me if I showed him a paid receipt. Obviously I asked for that in writing and he said he would reply to the BBB claim. So once I get that reply I'll set up the paint correction.

Again, big lesson learned here...but I'm not exhaling until I've been reimbursed

If the general manager was as smart as he thinks he is, he would have agreed that there was damage and asked what you wanted. Very often people will respond with a low request...you just want it buffed out. Mistakes happen, and how they are handled means everything. You would have liked the people at the dealership except the poorly trained car wash guy. There would have been no complaint filed. Now the GM has to explain to the owner why there was a complaint.

If the general manager was as smart as he thinks he is, he would have agreed that there was damage and asked what you wanted. Very often people will respond with a low request...you just want it buffed out. Mistakes happen, and how they are handled means everything. You would have liked the people at the dealership except the poorly trained car wash guy. There would have been no complaint filed. Now the GM has to explain to the owner why there was a complaint.
Exactly. People are so stupid sometimes. If he would have just done the right thing in the first place and taken care of it, you would have been happy. Did he honestly think you would not pursue the damage claim? No honor and no credibility these days. Always a hassle, always hoops to jump through, always aggregation for simple things. Good for him, it was deserved. Now they've lost you as a customer as well. Good job OP! BTW, let the GM use their corporate credit card to pay the detail shop directly. No need for you to foot the bill upfront. Make arrangements to have the shop call him for payment in advance.

Back