What did you pay for your CX-9?

So what's the going percent off MSRP now on a 2021 CX-9 GT not including any rebates, just straight dealer discount discount?

Autotrader.ca only lists one brand new 21 CX-9 local to me (Winnipeg MB, Canada). The other five CX-9s for sale are used 19-20 models being sold by non-Mazda dealerships or private parties.

The brand new one is listed for almost 4% off the MSRP on Mazda.ca. Looks like the local dealer has the MSRP listed at about $1700 more than the website, but then has a $4000 rebate applied.

I'm looking to buy a Grand Touring somewhere in the Midwest or at least within a day's drive of St. Louis, Missouri. I don't mind to drive a bit. I also don't mind to put a deposit down and wait a few months. What is a good price in today's times? A few years ago I got several thousand off of my CX-5 GT. I see there is a $500 Mazda loyalty rebate. Is this all I can expect off of MSRP? Anyone buy a Grand Touring recently?

in this day and age discounts from msrp are thing of the past. Nowadays is how much dicount from the market adjustment added on top of the msrp.
Everybody is flush with cash or they have big equity in the tradein car so if one doesnt buy it there would be another one who would buy it immediately even with adds above the msrp.Plus very little inventory at least for the near future.
The loyalty rebate is still applicable thankfully.

Your probably looking at paying msrp if you are lucky to avoid dealer add ons like up to $800 doc fees and dealer packages such as paint protection, wheel locks, etc. And i don't know of any dealer who would take a deposit and wait a few months......for what?

Last edited:
Your probably looking at paying msrp if you are lucky to avoid dealer add ons like up to $800 doc fees and dealer packages such as paint protection, wheel locks, etc. And i don't know of any dealer who would take a deposit a wait a few months......for what?
To negotiate the selling price and sign a buyers order on an inbound unit that is spec'd how you like in the color and trim you like which is in limited supply BEFORE it is already in the lot, not after. In addition, the dealer has not yet added the bogus crap add ons since they have not yet received it in inventory and you can tell them to make sure the write on the RO when the vehicle arrives and gets PDI'd that they DO NOT install any additional accessories, packages, crap to your vehicle as you will not want, nor will be paying for it. They cannot say "well it's already on the car" BS and they are forced to lose control over you by purchasing this way.

Last edited:
To negotiate the selling price and sign a buyers order on an inbound unit that is spec'd how you like in the color and trim you like which is in limited supply BEFORE it is already in the lot, not after. In addition, the dealer has not yet added the bogus crap add ons since they have not yet received it in inventory and you can tell them to make sure the write on the To when the vehicle arrives and gets PDI'd that they DO NOT install any additional accessories, packages, crap to your vehicle as you will not want, nor will be paying for it. They cannot say "well it's already on the car" BS and they are forced to lose control over you by purchasing this way.
No buyer has any sort of leverage in the car buying process right now and there is no good news as to when this trend might reverse. A dealership will tell you to kick rocks if you try to come in making demands about what not to do to a car once it hits their lot.

If you can get a car at msrp right now I’d say that’s probably as good as you’ll get and consider yourself lucky you’re not paying $1-2k or more over. I bought mine in late July and was lucky to have found a dealership that doesn’t nickel and dime you with add-ons but I had to pay msrp to get it. Right now that same dealership has a total is six cars on their lot to sell.

^^ Making a blanket statement like that is simply not true. You CAN still get a discount off MSRP and you can negotiate a price for an incoming unit, even if a little discount and definitely no question at MSRP in order to prevent dealer add ons when hitting the lot. There are many dealers willing to do this. Dealers are making a TON of money at MSRP. What you don't understand is that buyers are realizing what some dealers are doing and they are voting with their wallet by refusing to pay anything more than MSRP and simply NOT buying a car from them. People are learning like a virus learns and dealers are not stupid either. They are already feeling this heat. They need to adapt to stay alive. Mazdas don't sell like crvs or rav 4s and they are not specialized vehicles like a Corvettes, Trx's , Broncos or Raptors that dealers CAN AND DO charge a hefty ADM for, but those people are willing to pay to play because they have money burning a hole in their pocket and want the bragging rights to own it NOW. Not the case here. Some dealers ARE desperate and do want to make a sale to keep the lights on. You have to broaden your search and do the legwork for a deal or don't buy. You can't be lazy to save $$.

Last edited:
Rather than dispute what you might have to pay or ability to negotiate for a CX9 these days, maybe we could go back to the original premise of this thread...."what did you pay"? Lets go back to specifics and name dealers who are willing to negotiate prices on orders and/or in stock vehicles to help potential buyers here on this forum. I would be surprised if you find many based on my recent experience here in the mid-Atlantic region. I came across a couple dealers willing to sell maybe a couple thousand off msrp but then were adding over $4k in "extras".

Last edited:
In St. Louis, MSRP - $500 loyalty rebate. No added extra dealer add-ons or fees other than the doc fee at Bommarito Mazda.

In St. Louis, MSRP - $500 loyalty rebate. No added extra dealer add-ons or fees other than the doc fee at Bommarito Mazda.
That's crap. 9s don't sell nearly as well as 5's and they sit for much longer. They should be giving 2k off MSRP for high trim levels

2022 AWD Touring in Red/Black

Base Price37,430.00
Destination Fee1,175.00
Soul Crystal Red Color Premium595.00
MSRP39,200.00
Dealer Discount(2,562.00)
Total Selling Price36,638.00
Doc Fees999.50
Local Dealership Markup Fee699.00
Electronic Registration Fee399.50
Battery & Tire6.50
Total Price before Taxes38,742.50
Tax 6% (7% on 1st $5,000)2,374.55
Balance41,117.05
Loyalty Discount(500.00)
Tags166.35
Total Price40,783.40

Capture.JPG

Ouch 😲

Scam fees almost completely negate the discount off MSRP. When it comes to fees if it's taxable it's negotiable. You should not be charged another electronic fee if you're already paying a doc fee that's part of documents and the added dealer markup is bogus not to mention a ridiculously high doc fee. I would not accept and negotiate off the added dealer markup and the electronic filing fee at a minimum

Agreed that the scam fees are awful which is why I got them to bring down the selling price by $2,500 to make up for them as all dealerships here are charging them and adding "market adjustment" which I got them to take off completely.

I’m shopping a cx9 and at the end of the test drive on a nice 2022 touring that’s when they told me there is a “market adjustment” of +$4000 but “it’s negotiable.” I just left. They tried calling and texting me after I left but I’ll find someone else to deal with if I decide to pull the trigger. Or I might stay with my 09 Acura for a bit longer. Chip shortages are supposed to ease.

I’m shopping a cx9 and at the end of the test drive on a nice 2022 touring that’s when they told me there is a “market adjustment” of +$4000 but “it’s negotiable.” I just left. They tried calling and texting me after I left but I’ll find someone else to deal with if I decide to pull the trigger. Or I might stay with my 09 Acura for a bit longer. Chip shortages are supposed to ease.
LMFAO @ market adjustment on a CX-9. They need to be $2k below MSRP plus loyalty or other incentives. They are on crack. Yes, you can get them below MSRP with no add ons or markup.

Yes, the “market adjustment” is everywhere especially on those hot-selling vehicles. My Mazda dealer sells most models in stock at MSRP, which is nice. But when I shop for Toyota Venza hybrid, Lexus NX 350h hybrid, or NX 450h+ PHEV, the “market adjustment” is printed right on the window sticker by the middleman, Gulf States Toyota!

Unfortunately buying Toyota’s and Lexus’ in Texas has to go through this private-owned Gulf States Toyota distributer, not directly from Toyota USA. Must be some good contract signed by the company with Toyota USA in early days getting the exclusive right to sell Toyota’s and Lexus’ in Gulf states including Texas.

Yes, just wait if we can.

Back