Heated seat not so hot

I just got a 21 cx9 and my wife informed me her seat doesn’t get warm. I saw in it for 10 min and confirmed, the bottom stays cool to the touch and I get a slight warms from the back but it’s so subtle. Did you guys have no issues getting this fixed when bringing back to Mazda for service?

As I mentioned in a previous post, my drivers' seat element went bad last year, and was replaced under warranty with no issues. Didn't take long either. I stayed at the dealership while they replaced it. Quick and easy.

My passenger seat heater is working a little better......but still does not get warm as fast as my drivers seat. However, I went to a Mazda dealer today. They gave me a reasonable answer for my passenger seat heater being slow to heat up. They said there is a seat belt sensor pad on the passenger seat that tells the airbag system to turn on or off. That sensor pad covers the heater pad and slows the heat from getting to your butt efficiently. It sounds plausible.

Just noticed the wife‘s 2017 Signature driver’s side seat bottom heater not working. The lumbar does still work. I suffer with sciatica so run seat warmers year round. Is there a TSB for this fix? We are probably out of warranty 63k miles but maybe can get something off if this is a known issue.

No TSB's for 2017 CX9 related to seat heater not warming properly.
The only TSB is for the logic of the seat heaters shutting off when the car is shut off, so that you have to push the seat heater button to activate it again when you restart the car.
The other TSB is for wrinkles in the leather seats that people complain about.

Back