2022 CX-5?

In Canada it looks like pricing drops $1k for the now standard AWD. The AWD 2022 GX is only $500 more than the FWD 2021.5 GX. I guess there were cost efficiencies by dropping FWD.

In Canada, they kept most trim names as before but in the U.S. all lower and middle trims have new names...Go figure!

The "power bump" is amusing to me. Is 6hp even noticeable? It's a little more than 2%. I would think normal variation in output from motor to motor would be 2%

The "power bump" is amusing to me. Is 6hp even noticeable? It's a little more than 2%. I would think normal variation in output from motor to motor would be 2%

Lexus once advertised a power bump when teasing a refresh. It turned out to be 1hp lol

I was surfing on Mazda's website as I'm just curious to see if any new exterior and interior colors will be available. The 2022 3 has a new paint called Platinum Quartz Metallic which I believe will be available in the CX-50 at least in some markets according to previews. The 2022 CX-9 doesn't offer it...

I was surfing on Mazda's website as I'm just curious to see if any new exterior and interior colors will be available. The 2022 3 has a new paint called Platinum Quartz Metallic which I believe will be available in the CX-50 at least in some markets according to previews. The 2022 CX-9 doesn't offer it...

A modern form of beige ?
mazda_platinum_quartz_01.jpg

A modern form of beige ?
View attachment 305981
Sort of but it's metallic. VW had a similar color in the previous gen Tiguan and called it White Gold. Buick had a similar color in their large sedans. Mazda had a darker version years ago the 3, more gold. I think it looks classy and gives an alternative to those like me who prefer light colors as all we have is white and silver...But I understand it's not for everyone.

The 2022 CX-3 which is still available in Canada for now has the Platinum Quartz Metallic listed for the top 2 trims, GS and GT! Why not for the 2022 CX-5? To be followed...

Sort of but it's metallic. VW had a similar color in the previous gen Tiguan and called it White Gold. Buick had a similar color in their large sedans. Mazda had a darker version years ago the 3, more gold. I think it looks classy and gives an alternative to those like me who prefer light colors as all we have is white and silver...But I understand it's not for everyone.

Were Mazda to add Mazda to offer additional light colors would be a shiny silver (Lexus has this color......it is similar to a mirror finish) and a light-mint-green-metallic (I don't know of any current car brands offering a light green).

The 2022 CX-3 which is still available in Canada for now has the Platinum Quartz Metallic listed for the top 2 trims, GS and GT! Why not for the 2022 CX-5? To be followed...
From the latest Mazda Canada website, the 2022 CX-5 will not be available in Platinum Quartz Metallic.

If you're looking for updated seats, at least in terms of outward design, I'm not seeing much of anything here. I'm about to test drive one and will see if the cushions are any softer, which is what I'm hoping is the case. The darker seats on the right are the '22 and the other is a '21....

Attachments

• CX5_seats.png
    CX5_seats.png
    135.1 KB · Views: 165
just touch or rock the outside bolster on the seat pad and you would find if they are softer.

If you're looking for updated seats, at least in terms of outward design, I'm not seeing much of anything here. I'm about to test drive one and will see if the cushions are any softer, which is what I'm hoping is the case. The darker seats on the right are the '22 and the other is a '21....
Can you now comment in the seats, sound isolation, and suspension as well as transmission tuning differences?

Seats appear to be the same. I believe the primary difference between the '21 and '22 model year is a change to the front grill trim pieces.

Seats appear to be the same. I believe the primary difference between the '21 and '22 model year is a change to the front grill trim pieces.
That's not what Mazda has said.

-suspension
-chassis
-seats
-transmission tuning

Have all been changed.

Other than the look....
(from Mazda News)
"Complementing the elegant design, the driving dynamics and ride quality of the 2022 CX-5 have evolved with updates to the seats, body, and suspension that were introduced in Mazda’s recent vehicles. The seats are redesigned to help provide the driver and the vehicle’s occupants with greater stability to help create a natural and comfortable experience. The driver will appreciate smooth acceleration with a more responsive six-speed automatic transmission. Updates to the suspension include improvements to the dampening control structure and increased frame rigidity, which will help suppress unpleasant vibrations, reduce road noise that help provide a quieter cabin and higher quality of ride comfort. Overall, these enhancements will help the driver feel more connected to the enjoyable driving experience."

Back