3D MAXpider All-Weather Floor Mats

Received my front 3D MAXpider All-Weather Floor Mats for my '21 CX-5. The design, fit and appearance of these mats are incredible. I've been a WeatherTech fan for years and years (the owner/CEO lives in the same town as me), but the MAXpider look SO much nicer to me. Don't know how well they'll hold up, but so far, I love them.

Frank

I've had a set for three years and they've held up really well to our Canadian winters. No complaints at all.

Just hit 2 years on mine. Look and function like new. Some simple green every now and then goes a long way.

I'm satisfied with mine; would buy again. They are a little thin compared to other brands. Occasionally, I have to bend the 3D logo back into shape so it doesn't catch on someone's shoe.

"I'm satisfied with mine; would buy again. They are a little thin compared to other brands. Occasionally, I have to bend the 3D logo back into shape so it doesn't catch on someone's shoe."

Personally, I wish that the 3D Logo was not there. But it is nice that the manufacturer put a small piece of fabric underneath the mat so as to protect the car's carpet from the studs used to attached the logo.

Frank

You “could” remove the logo if you wanted to. But, I’ve never found it obtrusive. In fact, a couple years later and I forgot it was there :)

They are the best by far. They look 100% better than the Weathertech, they do not get slippery when wet and they wear very well.
P1010001 (3).JPG

They are the best by far. They look 100% better than the Weathertech, they do not get slippery when wet and they wear very well.View attachment 303445
But the picture showed is the Canadian OEM Premium Floor Liners, not the 3D Maxpider floor liners.

And I agree, that Canadian OEM Premium Floor Liners are the best!

@yrwei52 the company that makes the 3D MAXpider mats (3D/U Ace Inc.) makes the OEM Canada ones. Hence, they’re basically the same, just different branding.

@yrwei52 the company that makes the 3D MAXpider mats (3D/U Ace Inc.) makes the OEM Canada ones. Hence, they’re basically the same, just different branding.
Not the same. The style and pattern look totally different between the two, and I feel the Canadian Mazda Premium floor liners look much better. It doesn’t matter if they actually come from the same manufacture or not.

@yrwei52 My bad. I should have clarified my statement. Yea, there is a difference in the surface patterns. I appreciate you offering up the comparison photos!

The Mazda looks like it has more channels. Those might be good in wet weather.

My US Mazda mats don't really cover the base of the gas pedal or the dead pedal 😞

The Mazda looks like it has more channels. Those might be good in wet weather.

My US Mazda mats don't really cover the base of the gas pedal or the dead pedal 😞
Yes, my US OEM all-weather mats aren’t as good like you said. I wish I knew there’re such Canadian OEM Premium floor liners available back in 2015. US customers can get Canadian OEM Premium floor liners from MazdaShop / Scarborough Mazda in Canada.

Not the same. The style and pattern look totally different between the two, and I feel the Canadian Mazda Premium floor liners look much better. It doesn’t matter if they actually come from the same manufacture or not.
I have owned both the 3D Maxpiders and the Canadian Mazda OEM Premium liners. I can assure you that the material is identical in both. Other than the 3D badge vs the CX-5 badge, it is the pattern stamped on the surface that is the only difference.

Living in Canada, I was able to get the Canadian Mazda OEM Pemium liners from my dealer when I bought the vehicle almost a year ago; I didn't want the Weathertech and the nice saleslady showed me both side by side on a display (They're more expensive but well worth the extra $$$). When I picked up the vehicle, they were already installed with the factory carpeted mats stored in the trunk. They are the best mats I had in 50 years of driving! I had the Weathertech in another vehicle a while ago and soon got rid of them because they were slippery when wet especially when wearing leather dress shoes. The only problem is that the underside is covered with needle like material, best to wear gloves when removing them for cleaning!

Back