Disable the lock beep? 2018 CX-5

TreyP

2018 Soul Red AWD Touring CX-5
Has anyone figured out how to disable the horn beeping when the remote lock button is pressed multiple times? My wife's 2018 CX-5 Sport has remote start that requires the factory fob lock button be pressed 3 times and it is loud and annoying as heck! Any suggestions, my neighbors will thank you.

Solution
The first gen had a setting in the head unit. The 2nd gens don't have that option, at least not on my wife's Sport. There is a procedure in the manual that involves opening the driver's door and holding the lock button 5 seconds, but it didn't work for me.

I ended up sending the unit back to Smart-X to reprogram it to use lock-unlock-lock. Not that big of a deal, it took less than 15 minutes to get it back out of the car.
I don't know if this is possible with your remote start system, but with the Fortin, you can change the button sequence on the OEM keyfob to Lock, Unlock, Lock to avoid the horn noises. Maybe this is also possible with your remote start?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response. I did contact the company and they can reprogram it, but I would need to send it to them to do that. Kind of a pain since it is all installed and working, but I may have to go that route.

Upvote 0
Yes, it's loud. I tend to hit mine twice to be sure it's locked when I walk away. As some times when I get out of the car and move away too quickly, it won't auto-lock (detection). Wish there was a way to adjust the volume for this. Haven't found anything in the infotainment either. I don't have a remote start with my CX-5.

Upvote 0
Just after buying my CX-5, I programmed my fob to just flash the amber lights (includes the turn signal lights in side mirrors) to skip the annoying horn when locking or unlocking the doors. The second press on the lock button gives the horn. The first press just flashes the amber lights. I can't remember how, but probably in the owners manual.

Upvote 0
The first gen had a setting in the head unit. The 2nd gens don't have that option, at least not on my wife's Sport. There is a procedure in the manual that involves opening the driver's door and holding the lock button 5 seconds, but it didn't work for me.

I ended up sending the unit back to Smart-X to reprogram it to use lock-unlock-lock. Not that big of a deal, it took less than 15 minutes to get it back out of the car.

Upvote 0
Solution
Back