Off Topic So slow I'm ashamed...

No, not Steam. Origin. Played for a few hours last night. I'm so bad... :(

So still working on getting watercooling parts and still need some m.2 drives for the build, but have so far gotten the following:

Components:
  • AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
  • Zotac RTX 3070 Twin Edge OC
  • ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
  • G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x 16GB) DDR4-3600
Will be reusing:
  • Lian Li O11-Dynamic
  • Corsair AX750 power supply
Still need: m.2 and sata SSD's

Watercooling:
  • Optimus Foundations AM4 Nickel block
  • Alphacool Zotac 3070 block
  • EK Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 (Reservoir/PWM D5 pump combo unit)
Still need: radiators, fans, fittings, tubing, coolant (thinking the new Mayhems XTR). I am also leaning to trying hardline PETG tubing, so will need some tools for that.

Aiming for a black/white/gold theme again. Really digging it.

So still working on getting watercooling parts and still need some m.2 drives for the build, but have so far gotten the following:

Components:
  • AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
  • Zotac RTX 3070 Twin Edge OC
  • ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
  • G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x 16GB) DDR4-3600
Will be reusing:
  • Lian Li O11-Dynamic
  • Corsair AX750 power supply
Still need: m.2 and sata SSD's

Watercooling:
  • Optimus Foundations AM4 Nickel block
  • Alphacool Zotac 3070 block
  • EK Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 (Reservoir/PWM D5 pump combo unit)
Still need: radiators, fans, fittings, tubing, coolant (thinking the new Mayhems XTR). I am also leaning to trying hardline PETG tubing, so will need some tools for that.

Aiming for a black/white/gold theme again. Really digging it.
Pics if possible, please!

Pics if possible, please!
x2

Build sounds sweet and I will show it to my son. Or maybe I shouldn't.....
Pics will be coming once I got all the parts and start building. Its going into the same case I am using now, so no point tearing down until ready.

But I will be doing a build log on two of the tech forums I am on, so will be happy to post some pics when I get started.
Still can't believe you got a 3070. I give up...
Was just extremely lucky on a stock alert I jumped on. Plus its a Zotac so...meh.

Well going to be longer. Company royally screwed my last paycheck which had my next portion of fun spending money so I don't know, maybe next month? Besides the rest of the watercool stuff, needed to get some drives. Was thinking 2TB Sabrent Rockets. 😭

Well going to be longer. Company royally screwed my last paycheck which had my next portion of fun spending money so I don't know, maybe next month? Besides the rest of the watercool stuff, needed to get some drives. Was thinking 2TB Sabrent Rockets. 😭
Sadly still at a standstill with the build project. 4 paychecks in a row have been short so my spending money budget has been pretty minimal since the end of March in light of taxes and medical bills. :(

Hoping maybe in June will be able to pick this back up once I hopefully recover the money owed to me. I think we got the issue fixed so it won't keep happening but company won't acknowledged what they did on my last 4 checks was wrong and pay me what is owed. 😡🤬

Take your time... I'm finally starting to get semi decent. LOL
LOL!

Yeah, now a 6th paycheck is screwed up. All I'll say is one thing they appear to be doing is not legal. Happy to go into more details in PM. But yeah, still fighting my company for money they owe me from the past 6 paychecks. Thousands now.

Fathers Day Present. Researched the hell out of them. Kept coming back to this one.
It is awesome. I really thought "It can't be all that much better then mine"... night and day. Very pleased. (Also was on sale for $75 off).

Well payroll woes still present, but hope to be resolved soon. The nature of it got Legal involved and VP just gave me a raise as a "please don't leave" sort of thing (how I read it). Aside from this issue it really is a great job, so hope once this all settles to actually finish the damn PC I started buying parts for. Taking way longer than I thought to finish this.

Damn, dude. There are a lot of jobs out there right now. Just saying. :D

I still haven't gotten a video card.

Ok after a long hiatus the build is back on.

Current parts:
  • Ryzen 5 5600X (I will probably replace this in a year or two with a 5900X or a 5800X3D, whatever I can get at a reasonable price for my needs since this will be a dead socket come Zen 4 release)
  • Zotac RTX 3070 Twin Edge OC (yeah nobody likes Zotac, myself included, it is what it is)
  • ASUS X570 Dark Hero motherboard (I've used ASUS exclusively for motherboards since 2008 and they've never let me down unlike MSI and Gigabyte)
  • G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4-3600 kit
  • Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SATA (I already had this as a spare drive)
  • Lian Li O11-Dynamic (current case, reusing)
Cooling:
  • Optimus Foundations AM4
  • Alphacool RTX 3070 Eisblock
  • EK Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 with D5 pump (reuse from current build)

What is still needed:
  • Another m.2 drive. Deciding if I want to plop down for a gen 4 drive or just get another 970 Evo Plus 2TB since I want capacity
  • Deciding if I want to get a new PSU or reuse my 10 or 11 year old AX850.
  • 9 x Arctic P12 fans (great performance for value)
  • 2 x 360mm radiators - one thin and one standard size. Probably Hardware Labs
  • Compression fittings
  • White acrylic tubing in 14mm
  • Clear coolant, either Mayhems X1 or ModMyMods Mod Water which is a version of X1 manufactured in US
  • tools for hardline tubing bending and cutting

Back