New CX-5 GT. Install Amazon NAV SD card concerns ("Page Cannot Be Found")

I have a 2 week old CX-5 GT with no Mazda NAV. After reading many threads and comments about this, it seemed the most recommended NAV SD card through Amazon. $64 through Saksonov's Shop, Michael Saksonov supplier. After reading dozens of positive review about this card on Amazon's comments, I purchased the card TD2K66EZ1 for 2021 Mazda CX5 CX9. SD card arrived while I was on a short vacation. I returned to the original sales site on Amazon, to get some installation tips etc. Site now says Page Cannot Be Found. I was initially concerned about a DIY installation but the dealer's $400 card and install price seems very excessive. However, I now have a $64 card I am reluctant to trust. Do NAV SD cards ever brick an Infotainment system? Does anyone recommend just going through the dealer? Concerned and more that a little frustrated, at this point. Any helpful comments greatly appreciated.

The card isn't going to damage your infotainment system.

Insert the card with the car turned off and then start 'er up.

The card should be recognized instantly. Drive for at least 63 miles with the card inserted and then, with the car turned off, remove the card and insert it into the card reader of your computer, after you install the Mazda Toolbox (found here, JCI Mazda). Now you can update your map version.

Agree. Totes over thinking this thing. Plug it in. Enjoy.
The page is gone probably because, to be frank, this is not a legal method of obtaining a Mazda SD Card. It's really not. But you won't get in trouble. ;)

I have the same car as the OP, just got it this week. Today I checked Amazon and there is a different seller than the OP mentioned offering the widescreen NAV cards for the 2021 CX-5 again priced at $64. The seller doesn't have any reviews, but hey, it is thru Amazon right? I ordered one.

I actually feel better after reading the threads on here and understanding where these cards come from. This seller is in the UK. It makes sense.

I have the same car as the OP, just got it this week. Today I checked Amazon and there is a different seller than the OP mentioned offering the widescreen NAV cards for the 2021 CX-5 again priced at $64. The seller doesn't have any reviews, but hey, it is thru Amazon right? I ordered one.

I actually feel better after reading the threads on here and understanding where these cards come from. This seller is in the UK. It makes sense.
I just got one for $62.09 same seller as OP:
  • Business Name:Michael Saksonov
  • Business Address:
    Ha-Rekhavim St 13 Jerusalem, 9346212 IL

• https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

• Say will be here on Saturday so from reading the Amazon reviews: I will switch the card to unlock position, pop it into the slot in my 21 GTR with engine off then wait until screen turns on by itself it not then turn on engine and see if screen turns on by itself if not go to navigation. Then after driving for awhile (forgot if needed to be a certain speed) pop into pc and use Mazda Toolbox to see if you can update and to see if it shows your VIN with exp date of three yrs.
Crossing fingers 😂

I have a 2 week old CX-5 GT with no Mazda NAV. After reading many threads and comments about this, it seemed the most recommended NAV SD card through Amazon. $64 through Saksonov's Shop, Michael Saksonov supplier. After reading dozens of positive review about this card on Amazon's comments, I purchased the card TD2K66EZ1 for 2021 Mazda CX5 CX9. SD card arrived while I was on a short vacation. I returned to the original sales site on Amazon, to get some installation tips etc. Site now says Page Cannot Be Found. I was initially concerned about a DIY installation but the dealer's $400 card and install price seems very excessive. However, I now have a $64 card I am reluctant to trust. Do NAV SD cards ever brick an Infotainment system? Does anyone recommend just going through the dealer? Concerned and more that a little frustrated, at this point. Any helpful comments greatly appreciated.
So did it show the map on your navigation? And updates via Mazda Toolbox and shows your VIN with exp date?

Does anyone know if it is possible to make a copy of the card after receiving it since my buddy is in need of one too or would it jeopardize the original one?

Does anyone know if it is possible to make a copy of the card after receiving it since my buddy is in need of one too or would it jeopardize the original one?

Think about what you asked for a minute. Would a company design a system that would allow this, in this day and age?

The answer is no, to both of your questions.

All of these cheap SD cards on Amazon/eBay, etc. are not Mazda products. They are illegal counterfeits. That is why you can’t find the seller. Once they receive enough complaints from customers, Amazon takes down their link.

Went to update my maps this morning and got the message "The map SD card you are using has been involved in fradulent activity", etc. This was a $50 ebay card. It has a legit Mazda label on it (for what that's worth). Guess I won't be getting any map updates.
I guess the saying "buyer beware" applies here.

Nah, they expire once they've been used.
I bought one for our new Miata off of eBay and it worked great. Hopefully the Amazon seller will make this right because it seems like the OP got a dud.

Here's the seller I bought mine from. I paid 30 bucks:

Last edited:
All of these cheap SD cards on Amazon/eBay, etc. are not Mazda products. They are illegal counterfeits. That is why you can’t find the seller. Once they receive enough complaints from customers, Amazon takes down their link.
Some people says its old cards that dealers needed to get rid of. If you thing research it only older cards are on Amazon/Ebay:

TD2K66EZ1​

Newer card

TD2K66EZ1A​

I got my card from NavKing on ebay and no issues at all. Looked like OEM. You have to drive 63 or 64 miles with the card installed for it to sync to the car so the Mazda Toolkit will register and update it.

The card gets mated/locked to your vehicle after 63 miles driven with the card inserted. That's not the same as expiration.

Your three years of included updates ends after the three year period. That's expiration.

You should be able to copy one before it gets mated to your car. No one has tried it yet, that I know of. *HINT*

Back