What have you done to your Miata today?

I love old guys talking about their nuts.

Mark the wrap looks good.

Little more bling for the engine bay Jeff?

Still haven't got around to respraying the top yet. Did get the car clayed though.

Autox Saturday and track day Sunday.

Guess you could call it functional bling? haha

I have to clay mine at some point this season too. Just trying to find the time where I can do it.

Teaching the grandson the finer points of autox
Nice, how old?

Had a blast this weekend. Autox on Saturday
R3-2.jpg

You can see here why I need stiffer sways. The front tires are slowly eating the plastic inner fender.

Sunday was a lapping day in Shannonville ON. First time for me lapping at this track and it was a ton of fun. Not long but plenty of turns and very technical. Real workout for the brakes which held up well.

This Saturday is back to Calabogie for an evening lapping session.

Well I think he needs a better instructor! 😆

Attachments

• 802722CF-A416-49C5-88CE-7E7E6034429B.jpeg
    802722CF-A416-49C5-88CE-7E7E6034429B.jpeg
    164 KB · Views: 108
  • FC7D2E21-CDEC-4A34-9BF7-93E29D83E33C.jpeg
    FC7D2E21-CDEC-4A34-9BF7-93E29D83E33C.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 119
So after doing lapping at Calabogie last Saturday nite I have sidelined Mia for any racing and lapping for now. I believe the motor mounts are toast. I've ordered some competition mounts and new bushings for the strut engine support. She's ok to drive normally but till they get done that's it.

So this Sunday's autox, my new 3 will be the new ride for the next month.

Thought I found/fixed a rattle under the hood the other day. Noticed it after installing the FSTB and sounded like a heat shield. Popped the hood and noticed my hood prop was not clipped in the holder (oops!). Then when I raised it, it was very loose where it attaches to the grommet. I remember bumping into it once or twice during the install but didn't notice it being loose. So I clipped it back in and ordered the FM hood lift kit. :) When that arrives, I will remove the hood prop altogether.

Rattle is better but I still notice it. Not sure if it is the loose hood prop grommet area or something else. Will have to get back in there to check.

Interesting, curious to see how the 3 does!

Same, please post up some results.

So after slowly realizing that the 3 is not the miata, took 2 runs that I DNFed, I ended up winning my class by almost 3 secs. Still need a lot of work to drive the car harder but smoother.

On other news the sway bars have shipped and will be here this week. The new motor mounts and bushing will be at my daughters this week as well but will have to wait and see if the US opens the border after Aug 21.

Good taste! Hey, you ever coming back to MA for a visit?
Sure, when is the question though...Not sure now with all that is going on in the world. Do you guys have a chance to meet up these days? Still in contact with the NEMOC crew? How is the Miata/Mazda scene in MA these days?

Great pic Bruce! Loved the wheels in the static pics and they look even better in action!

Back