Higher mileage CX-5's

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hey guys,

Just curious who here has a higher mileage CX-5, and what problems/expenses have you incurred during those miles? My 19' GTR is under warranty, and I plan on keeping it for awhile, but am kind of wondering what I have to look forward to repair wise. However, I do know that the Mazda's are very reliable.

Thanks!

Ouch! Was this a turbo or non-turbo engine? I don't use the folding mirrors, so I'm not too worried about those.

Quiet there lately but likely biggest thread on the topic.

96,000 miles on my 2014 now. So far needed 2 lock actuators replaced (front passenger, rear liftgate), tensioner replaced, and a switch with the gated shifter on early model CX-5's. Otherwise just normal maintenance items like oil, tranny fluid, brakes, spark plugs, filters, etc.

I have 226,000 on my 2013 CX5. Other than the normal wear and tear (brakes, tires, an incident with a belt that broke), the only thing I had to have fixed was a small hole in my exhaust ... dealership wanted $1,700 to fix ... took it my local guy who welded it for a whopping $75.00.
And you didn’t have to change the belt tensioner when your serpentine belt broke?

122K miles on our 2016 GT. To date other than maintenance items we haven't had to put a dime into it. Still runs and drives like new. Very impressed with Mazda.
Same question asked above in post #10 ⋯ ;)

70,000 on my 2019. Two mechanical issues so far. Transmission axle seal is leaking and I have had to add about a half gallon of antifreeze. I think the lower tank on the radiator has a very slight leak.

70,000 on my 2019. Two mechanical issues so far. Transmission axle seal is leaking and I have had to add about a half gallon of antifreeze. I think the lower tank on the radiator has a very slight leak.
Wow! Certainly lots of miles for 2 years! Is it a 2.5L or 2.5T? Hopefully those problems had been covered under powertrain warranty.

It is a 2.5L. I do drive a lot. I use it alot for work. I haven't fixed either yet. I think the powertrain is over at 65,000. I just noticed the seal last weekend.

It is a 2.5L. I do drive a lot. I use it alot for work. I haven't fixed either yet. I think the powertrain is over at 65,000. I just noticed the seal last weekend.
With 5,000 miles past powertrain warranty, but only 2 years old, I’d try to talk to Mazda North American Operations and seek some help about the transmission axle seal leak and coolant leak (possibly from radiator and / or water pump).

Just crossed 40,000 miles on my 2016 2.5L CX5. Best mpg on a 30 minute trip is 39.xx mpg. Overall average is around 28 mpg. With me driving 10,000 miles for work a year - it looks like CX5 should do fine. Build quality has been good but dealer service has been bad.

I would ideally like a new car to have zero repairs till 100K miles, I plan to do the Tx fluid / Belts / Coolant service and see if I can push this puppy past 200k miles.

I have 141k on my 2013. No major issues at all. Regular fluid maintenance through the dealership with some of my own maintenance on anything that I can handle like brakes, spark plugs, lights. I did the same maintenance to my 6s and sold it at 180k with a small radiator leak but nothing else major was ever wrong. I'm hoping to take my CX-5 to over 250k... I have faith.

I had a 2013 CX-5, I trade it in at 210.000 miles. The most expensive thing that I had to replace was the start button. Other than that, regular cleaning on the battery leads to avoid steering freeze (which happened few times) and some belts and that's it.

I had a 2013 CX-5, I trade it in at 210.000 miles. The most expensive thing that I had to replace was the start button. Other than that, regular cleaning on the battery leads to avoid steering freeze (which happened few times) and some belts and that's it.

Did you ever change the transmission or differential fluids?

Back