Ebay Fog Light Aluminum Trim... Tacky?

NinjaNoises

:
CX-5 Sport MT
I added some Ebay aluminum/chrome trim to the fog light area. I can't decide if they are tacky or worth keeping.

It seems like a pretty subtle difference. What do you guys think? Tacky?
(dunno)

Stock image:
Main5.jpg

Pictures with added trim around the fog light area:
243iyop.jpg

w7iw0l.jpg

I put the same ones on my Touring about two months ago. I liked them at first, then I decided I didn't and took them off. I changed my mind again a week or so ago and put them back on. Think I'll leave them on this time. BTW, they're stainless, not aluminum.

Attachments

• DSC01662.JPG
    DSC01662.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
FWIW I think they probably look less "added on" on a grey or silver car. They tend to really "pop" on a colored car. It's taken me a while to get used to them.

I like them on the car without fog lights, but not on the car with fog lights. I think the lights are what is making the difference, not the color.

I like them on the car without fog lights, but not on the car with fog lights. I think the lights are what is making the difference, not the color.
Good point. They do kind of give my car a "Dame Edna" look.

Good point. They do kind of give my car a "Dame Edna" look.
To be fair, my car is silver, so that MAY have something to do with it. But I am also a huge hater of 'chrome', so the fact that any of these look good to me is a surprise. But, the one without fogs, that area looks like a big "Why?" without the trim. With the trim it looks more like it was meant to be that way instead of just a random black blank. The car with fogs looks just fine and with a purpose without the trim. The added trim with fogs gives me that "That extra random chrome needs to go!" feeling. Just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt. I'm sure others love the look.

To be fair, my car is silver, so that MAY have something to do with it. But I am also a huge hater of 'chrome', so the fact that any of these look good to me is a surprise. But, the one without fogs, that area looks like a big "Why?" without the trim. With the trim it looks more like it was meant to be that way instead of just a random black blank. The car with fogs looks just fine and with a purpose without the trim. The added trim with fogs gives me that "That extra random chrome needs to go!" feeling. Just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt. I'm sure others love the look.

I like it and totally agree that the chrome looks really good on silver (and probably white or lighter color).

I notice on the road, 90% or more of current suvs/cuvs that have fog lights come with some sort of trim from factory. Which may be why I've always felt the cx-5 fog lights just look un finished. I personally think it is subtle and classes up the front end a bit. When you stare at the fog light trim, it looks different because we aren't used to it. When you look at the front end as a whole, it blends in well with the grill trim and actually looks much better IMO. All the other suvs with factory trim look fine so I don't see why ours would be any different. It's pretty understated and hardly blingy since the only other shiny bit is the grill trim.

Now if we're talking about the trim that is twice as wide and surrounds the actual light too, those ones look gaudy. Basically chromes out the entire fog light.

Latest posts

Back