A few quick pics of HID/Audi retro

Ok, finally a couple night pics. my camera died on me after only a few pics so I will get more when I get back from camping. These aren't the best pics, but I didn't have time to try different settings on the camera.

Attachments

• DSC04383.JPG
    DSC04383.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 234
  • DSC04384.JPG
    DSC04384.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC04385.JPG
    DSC04385.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC04386.JPG
    DSC04386.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 257
lol. i hear ya. Mine still has a slight rotational issue, but, it's nothing i can't live with.

3730523737_a3eb2d8a75_b.jpg

i must say, that looks hot!!!!

I'm wondering how they would look like if you put them like eyebrowses. like mad. hmm!

Last edited:
I didn't thin of that! lol and my rotational issue is a little more extreme, livable untill I have time to fix it but still annoying.

agreed on the eyebrows looking meaner!!!

Any progress pics of em as you built em? Curious how you did it. Fiberglass bucket or painted?

That's fantastic! I love it!

Please write a how-to! I won't be doing it to the proty but I will be incorporating it into the next headlights I black out on any future car. Excellent work!

found them on ebay, just look up white led light. I found 24 and 48 light strips. 48 strips are what is installed on mine.

have a good week everybody, on my way to go camping. I will try to do a write up when I get back!

lulz and some of you were hating on the led strip!

I still personally am not a fan of the LED strips, but, i do applaud em for doing what he likes!!

I am a firm believer in "To each his own" and that's the joys of modding cars!

(silly)

And I give him mad props for doing the HID's right and doing a projector retro!

I still personally am not a fan of the LED strips, but, i do applaud em for doing what he likes!!

I am a firm believer in "To each his own" and that's the joys of modding cars!

(silly)

And I give him mad props for doing the HID's right and doing a projector retro!

yea his retro job is superb. i actually am a fan of the led strips although i would never use it lol

I would still like a complete cost of your retro including the LED strip. As to the "To each their own" mentality that works until they do something completely rice. Then we give them an online beating.

here's a rough price for a basic retro

$150-new headlights off ebay (if you do sedan lights)
$80- projectors
$40- ballasts (unless you've already got an HID kit, then you can reuse those
$40 -bulbs
$30-70 for shroud of your choice
$15-20 for random connectors

then some JB weld and basic tools

So roughly about $400 dollars... Sounds do-able. Just not at the moment for me. I will subscribe to his DIY for later though.

that's my rough guesses

Sign up on an HID Retro forum and you might find projectors with bulbs as well as used ballasts for cheaper, and shrouds as well.

I paid $350 for all my retro parts (just becareful what ya buy) mine had been attempted to retro, which doubled or tripled the amount of work that went into my setup

Back