1/4 mile times with slip

I was shifting at 6k so more like 6100-6200 so the turbo was running a bit out of steam. I'm going to shift at 5900 next time.

Where do you shift at

I run 1st gear until 6k and 2nd is kind of feel, but between 57500 and 6k depending on how much wheel spin I have, and then shift at 57500 the rest of the time.

This will take at least a 10th off of your time, I promise.

Sweet, So with my mods I should run with you as in your 13.5 run or your best 13.3

Honestly, All I have is an intake and an intercooler... You have an intake and some exhaust work. I think you should be running at least a 13.5... maybe lower.

sweet, if the weather is good tomorrow night like last night, imma go try again. the weather was perfect last night for drag racing

the 135

sweet, if the weather is good tomorrow night like last night, imma go try again. the weather was perfect last night for drag racing
nice run 240. Beat that damn BMW! I am quite sure you are going to drive that time down.

Finaly took the 3 out to the track. Running 225/40-18 tires with 400 tread wear rating at 28 psi.
I have some work to on my launches, the tires are no help either, but I doubt I'll do 1/4 mile runs again for a while. Other than that I am happy with the car and hoping to get tires and wheels for road racing later this summer.

My average time was 13.7 -13.8 with 2.4 sec 60' times at 105 mph average.

Attachments

• qtr mile slip.JPG
    qtr mile slip.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 141
Maestro, nice run, especially the trap speed. If you can get these little babies to hook up, they do very well once under way. BTW, for front wheel drive the posted slip's 60 ft. of 2.221 is pretty good.

good work

Finaly took the 3 out to the track. Running 225/40-18 tires with 400 tread wear rating at 28 psi.
I have some work to on my launches, the tires are no help either, but I doubt I'll do 1/4 mile runs again for a while. Other than that I am happy with the car and hoping to get tires and wheels for road racing later this summer.

My average time was 13.7 -13.8 with 2.4 sec 60' times at 105 mph average.
I am sure you will get the sixty foot down. The car is certainly pulling at the quarter with that speed. I have not gotten a handle on wheelspin yet. Well done!

I went to the track tonight to make a bid for those 12.60s... and snapped the shifter off. Lousy design, drilling a hole in a lever...

Anyway... looking for a Cobb replacement. Not interested in the TWM. I do not want the knob lowered. Why don't we get the cool stuff like the SRT-4 guys do?

I went to the track tonight to make a bid for those 12.60s... and snapped the shifter off. Lousy design, drilling a hole in a lever...

Anyway... looking for a Cobb replacement. Not interested in the TWM. I do not want the knob lowered. Why don't we get the cool stuff like the SRT-4 guys do?

like the MADDOG 80% reduction shifter

im going to the track tomorrow for the first time and im alittle nervous lol. i have some questions im wondering about.
1. dsc on or off?
2. what rpm to launch at? w/o dumping the clutch
3. i have full tbe, nano and inlet combo, and mm and AP. ill be shifting at 6700 right?

i was just at the track a few weeks ago and my best time was 14.3. i was really hoping to hit in the 13's. but being up here i guess it was a pretty good time. if i was at sea level im sure to hit in the low 13's.

im going to the track tomorrow for the first time and im alittle nervous lol. i have some questions im wondering about.
1. dsc on or off?
2. what rpm to launch at? w/o dumping the clutch
3. i have full tbe, nano and inlet combo, and mm and AP. ill be shifting at 6700 right?

DSC=OFF

Launch at low rpm - depends on track conditions - no more than 2300 rpm, perhaps as low as 2000 rpm - try to get as low as you can without bogging and with just a tiny bit of wheelspin.

I do dump the clutch and feather the trottle in the lower two gears to keep the wheel spin down

DO NOT HOLD SHIFT UNTIL 6700 - WAY TOO LATE. Shift early, not late. Repeat, shift early, not late. We have lots of torque down low. Horsepower may win sales and marketing in the showroom, but torque wins races.

The engine runs out of power by 6,000 rpm and is then on the back side of the hp and torque curve. If you are shifting later that 6,000 you are going to absolutely be losing power and time.

Try shifting at 5700 or even 5500. By the time you move the shifter you'll be close to 6000 anyway. The reaction time between when your eye tells your brain to shift and when your hand moves the shifter and your foot moves the clutch takes longer than you may realize.

Your shifts in the lower gears will come up lightening fast. If it was plotted out on a graph, the 1-2 shift will hit at the 60 ft mark, at between 2.0 and 2.3 seconds depending on your shift point and launch technique and will be at around 30 mph.

You will make the 2-3 shift at just a bit more than 50 mph, barely 4.0 to 4.1 seconds into the run, and will be well into 3rd at 60. You will shift twice in the first 4.1 seconds.

The shift to 4th will be at around 75 mph. You'll be in 5th gear at around 95 mph and well into fifth when you hit the trap breams.

All of this assumes you are flat shifting (at least from the 2-3 shift on up) and hitting your shifts at around 5500-5700 from 2-3 on up.

That's just my experience based on what works for me and what I am getting from on-board data readouts and the timer slips. My launch is way better with practice but still sucks - fwd cars on stock tires have a tough time putting down good 60 ft. numbers.

Last edited:
DSC=OFF

Launch at low rpm - depends on track conditions - no more than 2300 rpm, perhaps as low as 2000 rpm - try to get as low as you can without bogging and with just a tiny bit of wheelspin.

I do dump the clutch and feather the trottle in the lower two gears to keep the wheel spin down

DO NOT HOLD SHIFT UNTIL 6700 - WAY TOO LATE. Shift early, not late. Repeat, shift early, not late. We have lots of torque down low. Horsepower may win sales and marketing in the showroom, but torque wins races.

The engine runs out of power by 6,000 rpm and is then on the back side of the hp and torque curve. If you are shifting later that 6,000 you are going to absolutely be losing power and time.

Try shifting at 5700 or even 5500. By the time you move the shifter you'll be close to 6000 anyway. The reaction time between when your eye tells your brain to shift and when your hand moves the shifter and your foot moves the clutch takes longer than you may realize.

Your shifts in the lower gears will come up lightening fast. If it was plotted out on a graph, the 1-2 shift will hit at the 60 ft mark, at between 2.0 and 2.3 seconds depending on your shift point and launch technique and will be at around 30 mph.

You will make the 2-3 shift at just a bit more than 50 mph, barely 4.0 to 4.1 seconds into the run, and will be well into 3rd at 60. You will shift twice in the first 4.1 seconds.

The shift to 4th will be at around 75 mph. You'll be in 5th gear at around 95 mph and well into fifth when you hit the trap breams.

All of this assumes you are flat shifting (at least from the 2-3 shift on up) and hitting your shifts at around 5500-5700 from 2-3 on up.

That's just my experience based on what works for me and what I am getting from on-board data readouts and the timer slips. My launch is way better with practice but still sucks - fwd cars on stock tires have a tough time putting down good 60 ft. numbers.

So even though i have an AP shifting at 55-5700 is recommended for tracks and 40 rolls

So even though i have an AP shifting at 55-5700 is recommended for tracks and 40 rolls

Just experiment with shift point and see. I can't address your combo of mods and your AP tune. I can say that our K04 turbo is small. Because of that it builds boost quickly and builds lots of torque down low, but thermal ineffeciency takes it toll at higher rpm. By 6,000 rpm the turbo is just pooped out, and I don't think there is much that a tune can do about that, although some say otherwise.

Back