What have you done to your Mazda3 today?

where did you get that grille?!!!

you must tell me. or i will haunt your dreams :D

Thanks for the compliments guys! The grille is the one you see on ebay from Kakumei-Motorsports, Buy-It-Now for $80. Only problem is that they charge $40 shipping when it's really only $14.75! (nuts)

I liked the Mazdaspeed version but it's a lot more expensive. This one is similar for less money. My main concern was fitment. Another grille on ebay, similar to this one but cheaper, had fitment issues so I went with this one eventhough it was twice as much (still 1/2 the price of the Mazdaspeed--including the shipping!). I read a couple of feedbacks from buyers that had bought this grille and one of them remarked that it fit great. So I got it.

It is made of fiberglass and comes painted with white primer. I had a body shop that I deliver to (UPS driver) paint it black mica to match the car and they remarked how they were impressed that there weren't any small pinholes in the primer that are apparently common with aftermarket fiberglass parts. So kudos to Kakumei-Motorsports for that!

Fitment is good but not as perfect as the OEM grille. Just a little bit bigger gap along the top compared to the OEM. Not a big deal, I'm just being picky. Nobody's gonna notice it. Had to drill the holes in the hood a little bigger to accomodate the included bolts. The only concern I have is that the bottom of the grille is a little flimsy. It uses the bottom part of the OEM grille that is molded on the
5-door's front bumper for support. When you pop the hood, you naturally grab the bottom of the grille to lift and if you aren't careful I could see the thing breaking or cracking. However, if you know about it then it shouldn't be a problem. Overall, I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. Thanks again for the compliments!

Here's the link to the ebay auction:

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Edit on the fitment: Looks good but bottom tip of the Kakumei-Motorsports grille rubs on the bumper cover. Not really a huge issue unless you switch back to OEM grille. Then there will be a mark rubbed through the paint on the bumper cover just in front of the bottom of the stock grille.

Last edited:
I got my mazdaspeed sport shift kit installed today. I also had the paint treated, the underbody coated, and the interior sealed. When I picked it up I installed the silver coated rear turn signal bulbs. No more amber glow from inside the rear lenses! I hated that.

I am hoping that my copper red spray paint, partplaza eyelids, and laminx headlight and fog film come this week so I can install them and paint my engine cover to match the car.

Inspected my car. Checked out what has to be fixed still and made a list...gonna take it back to Mazda soon.

Oh! Also rolled to about 200 miles from the infamous 5K mark and first service.

So, by "Iced", do you mean the Turtle Wax Ice interior conditioner? If so, have pics? I've been wondering how it would look, worried that it would look "ArmorAll'ed".

This weekend:
1. RX-8 rims with Yokohama S-drive 225/40/18's
2. HD lip
3. Premium black/red floormats

Next weekend...lowered on Mazdaspeed lowering springs, Koni yellow adjustable shocks/struts, and Racing Beat front and rear sways!

Attachments

• P3150238.JPG
    P3150238.JPG
    953.8 KB · Views: 235
  • interior rotated.JPG
    interior rotated.JPG
    765.3 KB · Views: 197
This weekend:
1. RX-8 rims with Yokohama S-drive 225/40/18's
2. HD lip
3. Premium black/red floormats

Next weekend...lowered on Mazdaspeed lowering springs, Koni yellow adjustable shocks/struts, and Racing Beat front and rear sways!
Cool! Rotors match the rims. lol

Sweet! Who makes yours?

im not too sure, i bought it from a guy parting his car out...

i know he said he got it off ebay, other than that im not too sure... should come in this week so ill test fit it and hope i dont have to do alot of work to get it to fit well

Edit: tearing off my dual tone horns as soon as i can get home from work cause;
A) sounded nothing like described by the vendor, supposed to sound like Hella Supertones, instead mine sounded like a dying goose
B) after about 2.5 months the high tone stopped working today and im left with a very embarrassing low tone only...

Last edited:
sunrun176- Yes I mean turtle wax ice interior care, it works great. I like it way better then AA. I'll try and post some picts. Interior Ice has a nice clean smell, good shine, but not over the top.

Freshly lowered on Mazdaspeed lowering springs, Mazdaspeed rear camber arms, Koni yellow Sport adjustable shock/struts, and Racing Beat front/rear swaybars with Racing Beat endlinks up front and OEM Mazdaspeed 3 links on the rear...Whew!

Attachments

• P3220266.JPG
    P3220266.JPG
    836 KB · Views: 195
  • P3220259.JPG
    P3220259.JPG
    839.1 KB · Views: 194
  • P3220269.JPG
    P3220269.JPG
    878.4 KB · Views: 190
  • P3220273.JPG
    P3220273.JPG
    852.4 KB · Views: 176
painted the dash strip, installed sok07 pedals and deadpedal, installed vibrant strut bar, repainted engine covers, and installed the summer wheels

DSC_0824.jpg

DSC_0816.jpg

DSC_0859.jpg

DSC_0844.jpg

^^^ Where are the pics? ^^^
Mine need it so bad, but I am waiting to do the entire brake system w/new cross drilled rotors and EBCs.
Besides, the weather 'round here has been questionable at best lately.
Did you use the G2 epoxy paint?

I knew I forgot something. lol pics coming shortly.

edit for pixz.

106_0513.jpg

106_0514.jpg

Last edited:
Back