Catted Downpipe Choices....

So I'm looking to get a Catted DP, right now it seems as though CPE is the only company with one in production. Cobb won't be released until 09 (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd like to have 1 high flow cat on my vehicle and since I've already replaced my midpipe, that leaves the only place to put the cat is in the DP.

Are there any other companies working on a catted DP for the MS3? ...I'm pretty sure Cobb is the only other company working on it. Is this the case?

If you get CPEs, it replaces your midpipe.

You could always add a cat to the midpipe you have now, and add a corksport downpipe or something like that. Im not sure if this would set off a cel or not though. You could probably weld the o2 bung on the midpipe behind the cat, and extend your o2 sensor, and that should prevent a cel. Buying a cp-e catted downpipe and selling your midpipe would probably be a lot easier though.

If you get CPEs, it replaces your midpipe.

You could always add a cat to the midpipe you have now, and add a corksport downpipe or something like that. Im not sure if this would set off a cel or not though. You could probably weld the o2 bung on the midpipe behind the cat, and extend your o2 sensor, and that should prevent a cel. Buying a cp-e catted downpipe and selling your midpipe would probably be a lot easier though.

ahh wow yeah i'm retarded....shud have looked into that. yeah I mean its not a big deal selling my CS TP -- seems like they r in high demand, probably wouldn't take too big of a hit.

I just wanted to know if there were any other competitors who were developing a catted DP solution for the MS3. I wish CS offered a catted DP...I like there stuff, just can't get myself to go cattless....not fond of the smell, dont want to deal with CELs and I'd like to be semi environmentally conscious.

Is Cobbs DP going to be like CPE's? Replacing the DP & MP?

hmmm...regarding the exhaust depot DP...whats it made of, and wheres the cat? No CEL w/ the catted version? Price?

Are they available yet? I haven't heard of anyone with it yet...

hmmm...regarding the exhaust depot DP...whats it made of, and wheres the cat? No CEL w/ the catted version? Price?

Are they available yet? I haven't heard of anyone with it yet...

it's made of aluminized steel.
I'm not too sure about the CEL question... I believe you'd have to extend your o2 sensor because hes going to put the cat a little further back than cpe's and whatnot.

exhaust depot put their cat in the midpipe section of the piece, since it's a dp/rp combo like cp-e. hector will include a non fouler so you dont have cel problems from the sensors. the dp is $300 and an extra $125 if you want him to put in a cat. The aluminized steel it's made of is good stuff and will last a long time, thats what most cars exhaust systems are made of. It's just cheaper to buy than stainless steel (which lasts forever though)

So are you saying Exhaust Depots downpipe has the cat after the second O2 sensor?

Whats up RichB I gutted my stock cat and i think I am going to go with the corksport its one of the only downpipes that do not have the cat bypass so
it works better for me because i have no need to buy a cat delete pipe are test pipe. Also its like 50/50 on the CEL code and if it does CEL just go to auto zone and buy a CEL computer 99$ are you could get the MSD Dashawk I want that so bad no need to buy Boost Gage/OIL temp/Rad temp and so on. Also it reads CEL codes, one more thing if your CEL gets set off from your mod you would probely want to check for codes everyday.

I see you are in the VA area I am in MD close to DC where i work . Did you go to MIR on NOV 9 to see the import vs the domestic ?

Attachments

• mazdaspeed3.jpeg
    mazdaspeed3.jpeg
    9.4 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
I want to eventually have a 3" turboback so just gutting the mid pipe won't do. I don't want CELs either. I want something that is safe for my car.

Cobb has since released their catted downpipe. that looks like a good option

Catted DP

Is the CP-e catted DP 50-state legal? Because I live in California and I want an aftermarket DP but I also want to pass the sniffer tests.

im getting the Cobb Turboback after I get some Christmas cash, I will let you know how it is, even tho we all know.......10/10 hehe

does anyone have the install instructions for the Cobb. Or if they have paid to have it installed what is the $$$

does anyone have the install instructions for the Cobb.

Here. I'll simplify the instructions. My own personal cliffnotes if you will...

1. Remove stock pipe
2. Place stock pipe on ground
3. Put Cobb pipe in your hands
4. Put pipe back in.
5. Tighten bolts

It's not rocket science, there's no math or chemistry required. Now get out there and install it!

Back