What have you done to your Miata today?

wow... those are absolutely beautiful. I have a feeling I may need to roll the rear fenders just a tick though...

EDIT: Wow... the pics really don't do these things justice. If it weren't raining tomorrow I'd drive 'er to work and take some daylight pics :(

Attachments

• IMG_1306.JPG
    IMG_1306.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1307.JPG
    IMG_1307.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_1308.JPG
    IMG_1308.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_1309.JPG
    IMG_1309.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_1310.JPG
    IMG_1310.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 157
I don't really like the look of them...but I know you got them for the weight...so it's ok performance wise.
I like the ultra-wide one...the 9's are dope.

I think they look great, so, to each his own. But yeah, that's just an added bonus to the light weight, width, and not-extravagant cost.

yeah yeah...I will make due with some cheap ass sportmax wheels...lol.

Where's Kev?
Kev - details on said suspension.
Is it spoken for already?

The suspension deal is still up in the air.

I'd love to score that HT, but I really don't have time to coordinate with a shipper right now. Maybe I'll give it a poke.

Unplug your airbag module! It'll stop that beeping, hehe. You were hauling ass! Looking good.

So inbetween waiting for the fiberglass/resin to harden enough to mess with, I finished the brakes. Then I moved on to a project that popped into my mind last night when I was looking at the bumper. With a big hole there now, as air moves along the side of the bumper, it'll have a tendancy to go undernieth. The exact opposite of what I'd like. So I made little diffusers for the side. :)

Attachments

• minidiffuser2.JPG
    minidiffuser2.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 165
  • minidiffuser1.JPG
    minidiffuser1.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 171
The suspension deal is still up in the air.

I'd love to score that HT, but I really don't have time to coordinate with a shipper right now. Maybe I'll give it a poke.

Unplug your airbag module! It'll stop that beeping, hehe. You were hauling ass! Looking good.

Where is that stupid module located @?

ok...lmk if it falls through...I need more lower!
(boobs2)

Got the MazdaSpeed Coilovers installed today. Very nice. Pretty smooth install.

Attachments

• DSC02135 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02135 (Medium).JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC02136 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02136 (Medium).JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 176
Where is that stupid module located @?

ok...lmk if it falls through...I need more lower!
(boobs2)

It's the blue module under the dash near the steering column. It has "Ford" written on it.

Holy CRAP! The rear's an inverted shock setup!? SWEET! Those are nice looking pieces. I may be installing a set of those on an NA Miata (obviously not the same ones, but you know) in a couple weeks. They look like pretty nice pieces.

It's the blue module under the dash near the steering column. It has "Ford" written on it.

I should try that on mine to get the light to stop blinking. brb

nice..

2 layers of fiberglass on. not as smooth as i'd like, but it gets the job done. Going to finish sanding and paint tomorrow.

mini diffusers painted black, and riveted on :)

And as if I didn't have enough projects on the car, I decided to modify the front bumper to get more air directed into the intercooler/radiator. You can see the direction i'm heading in the picture below. The part in blue painter's tape will be fiberglass. The tape was for me to visualize how it'll be.

Attachments

• minidiffuser3.JPG
    minidiffuser3.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 171
  • gotrust6.JPG
    gotrust6.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 162
  • frontbumper01.JPG
    frontbumper01.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 168
So WTF? I disconnected the airbag module (the 1 with 2 big plugs), now it won't STOP beeping. It's just a constant 'tone' like when the door's open with the key in. I got sick of it so I just unplugged the buzzer. Good news is no more annoying door buzzer and the air bag light's not on anymore HAHAHAHAHA

Still confused as to why it wouldn't stop the tone....

FADI: I think with a little bondo and some elbow grease you'll be looking good. But then again, I can't see it from here soooo.... ;)

EDIT: For the record, being underneath the dash of a miata is quite possibly the most uncomfortable place I've ever been. Man that sucked.

Last edited:
why bondo? I just covered the hole with fiberglass. Just a little bit of elbow grease to make it look decent from 20 feet. :D

I figure use the bondo to even out any...uneven-ness... in the fiberglass and sand everything smooth. Beat to fit, paint to match ;)

Back