Catz HID install question

BoOsTiN

To those who installed the Catz Hi/Lo HID's....
What did you guys do with the rubber dust boot ?
Its too small to slip over the bulb.
Is slicing the side of it the only option ?
Thanks,

Attachments

• DCP00274.JPG
    DCP00274.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 193
  • DCP00272.JPG
    DCP00272.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 201
You can actually twist off the bulb at the top and slide the boot over the shaft from what I can remember.

what i did for mine is just cut a little slip from the inside of the circle outwards just enough so i could slip the bulb through, so basically it keeps the overall idea of the boot and doesn't affect its purpose at all. So yea cutting it is prolly the best option.

No, cutting is NOT the best way in the case of the Catz bulbs. You can twist the bulb assymbly off at the top and just slide the boot over the shaft, and then twist the bulb back on. Remember, you want to keep moisture OUT of the headlight housing.

i dont have catz hids but for my hids i just cut a slit in it and it basically looks exactly the same, and prolly does just as well. For me it works fine and i didnt have to chance anything with the bulb.

The original question was concerning the CATZ bulb. I just wanted to make sure that future folks who may read this realize that they do not have to cut the boot with those.

I removed my old CATZ kit, and figured I may as well post illistrations to show what I am talking about:

Attachments

• DSCF4517.JPG
    DSCF4517.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 155
  • DSCF4516.JPG
    DSCF4516.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCF4518.JPG
    DSCF4518.JPG
    167.5 KB · Views: 131
  • DSCF4519.JPG
    DSCF4519.JPG