Ported and Polished Inlet for Mazdaspeed6

Captain KRM P5

Contributor
:
2002 BJFW, 2007 BK3P, 1979 SA22C, 2005 BK3P
We're installing this ported and polished inlet on Jason's (jcgemt2003) car along with a surprise part on monday :). The inlet was sent to Extrude Hone and went under the microscope so to speak. The result is a ported and polished inside for slighter more volume and much smoother airflow. The pictures do not do the inlet justice and the inside is almost mirror finish and glass smooth. Consider before hand the inside was exactly like the outside, rough grit sandpaper in feel.

If there is interest on this I'll organize something with Extrude Hone to have a number of these p/p for customers. let me know what you all think.

Attachments

• DSCF0148.JPG
    DSCF0148.JPG
    247.6 KB · Views: 859
  • DSCF0149.JPG
    DSCF0149.JPG
    368.4 KB · Views: 872
  • DSCF0152.JPG
    DSCF0152.JPG
    442.5 KB · Views: 802
  • DSCF0153.JPG
    DSCF0153.JPG
    465.5 KB · Views: 834
  • DSCF0154.JPG
    DSCF0154.JPG
    287.2 KB · Views: 867
two more

Attachments

• DSCF0156.JPG
    DSCF0156.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 229
  • DSCF0155.JPG
    DSCF0155.JPG
    181.2 KB · Views: 207
A previous car of mine was the SVT Contour and that came with an Extrude Honed upper intake manifold right from the factory ... a good company not usually on people's radar.

I'd be interested for sure but I guess we need some kind of a core exchange uh?

Oh, so this is a new part not a stock part that's been extrude-honed?

Any hints on the other surprise??

Rican219 said:
Can I send mine?

your car would likely be down for a week plus if you did not have a core, etc

LBV said:
Oh, so this is a new part not a stock part that's been extrude-honed?

Any hints on the other surprise??

its a new stock part :) i buy them from mazda usa

Here are two shots of mine after the port/polish and having the unit chromed.
I had this done by my local tuner shop.

Attachments

• DSCN0828.JPG
    DSCN0828.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 294
  • DSCN0818.JPG
    DSCN0818.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 308
Captain KRM P5 said:
your car would likely be down for a week plus if you did not have a core, etc

its a new stock part :) i buy them from mazda usa

I have 2 one polished and one not I can ride with Unpolised and send you the polished.

Did it Make a difference?

Nice piece. Would be a great add-on for the TMIC guys.

The chromed one looks good and would look great with a polished CAI. Any ideas on gains?

Rican219 said:
I have 2 one polished and one not I can ride with Unpolised and send you the polished.

Did it Make a difference?

we have not installed the test piece yet. PM me if you are interested in sending yours in. thanks!

Captain KRM P5 said:
We're installing this ported and polished inlet on Jason's (jcgemt2003) car along with a surprise part on monday :). The inlet was sent to Extrude Hone and went under the microscope so to speak. The result is a ported and polished inside for slighter more volume and much smoother airflow. The pictures do not do the inlet justice and the inside is almost mirror finish and glass smooth. Consider before hand the inside was exactly like the outside, rough grit sandpaper in feel.

If there is interest on this I'll organize something with Extrude Hone to have a number of these p/p for customers. let me know what you all think.

Looks good! Very interested
I was considering doing the same thing to the intact manifold.

Do you guys plan on doing a dyno for this piece?
Do you have both the 06 and 07 cold pipe available? (mines an 06)
What about price?

Thanks guys, nice work.

My car is still waiting on the CP-E EMS tuning package and has not been to a dyno yet. At best the throttle response is smoother/quicker but I cannot tell by the seat of the pants how much of a difference this makes. To me it just added points for Car shows and I think the chrome looks better than the stock piece.

Klip said:
At best the throttle response is smoother/quicker

Exactly what I was going to speculate. I wouldn't count on any new found power just better responsiveness.

Klip said:
My car is still waiting on the CP-E EMS tuning package and has not been to a dyno yet. At best the throttle response is smoother/quicker but I cannot tell by the seat of the pants how much of a difference this makes. To me it just added points for Car shows and I think the chrome looks better than the stock piece.
We won't get an ACCURATE assesment of this item w/it being dynoed on a tuned etc MS6...

Well I have to say my SVT Contour had all three passes done at Extrude Hone. Obviously the first two were done from the factory. I had to send mine in for the third pass and a bit out of my pocket. I would say mostly responsiveness on our vehicles as well. The smoother air flow of course as for the chrome your right show it all. Let us know how it does, hopefully it would make fuel a little more economical if anything.

Back