MS6 / CX7 / MS3 Top Mount Intercooler Upgrade

Captain KRM P5

Contributor
:
2002 BJFW, 2007 BK3P, 1979 SA22C, 2005 BK3P
Hot on the heels of our FMIC upgrade for the Mazdaspeed6 comes our TMIC solution for the entire DISI turbo engine lineup. We have developed in partnership with Anatoly (CustomMSP) a complete replacement TMIC featuring a thicker, larger, bar and plate core with custom endtanks and an all aluminum design. The intercooler also incorporates a custom fabricated air diversion plate to increase air flow to an already enhanced design. Final production pieces and dyno numbers are scheduled this week with a final price expected to be less than half that of any FMIC kit to date. Based on our experiences with past SMIC upgrades on past vehicles, we expect great gains from this unit even on stock boost.

** BUMP UPDATE - DYNO GRAPHS POSTED: 20 WHP GAIN / 20 LB TORQUE GAIN!! **

Attachments

• PA300001.JPG
    PA300001.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,086
  • PA300019.JPG
    PA300019.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,059
  • Run_2_Compare.jpg
    Run_2_Compare.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 1,188
Last edited:
kick ass. the price sounds like it will be good, just can't wait for installed pics and dynos. I'll be happy with an upgraded tmic, don't plan to push enough power to need a fmic, plus I don't need one to show off my car. :) (just playin)

(mswerd)

This is what I have been waiting for. Can't wait to see the numbers on it. Will you also be recording intake air temps under various conditions on the stock and new TMIC?

Can you give us some specifics on the core?

i just feel the fmic is just a better way because during auto-x i lost near 1 sec. on each lap out of 4 the first 2 the car was cold very little difference the next set was the difference each lap near 1min. mark granted its stock tmic. i do have 3" turbo back and cai that helps drop the egts big time the desighn will produce higher numbers im sure but the heat soak will kill you in the end.

im not saying by no way am i the best driver but when i dont run 4 laps in a row "normally we shut down after each lap" my times got worse when its just the 1 lap shut down for 20min. then go again my times were very close together like seconds not no minute without making a noticable mistake. correct me if im wrong but i would love to see 6 dyno runs back to back compared to the fmic just for the difference in what it would do for auto-x

Sweet (thumb) may be helping the wifey get a CX-7....went and test drove yesterday. This could be an easy and subtle upgrade if she purchases :D

jrodhotrod said:
(mswerd)

This is what I have been waiting for. Can't wait to see the numbers on it. Will you also be recording intake air temps under various conditions on the stock and new TMIC?

Can you give us some specifics on the core?
What would you like to know about the core?

Dimensions are: 14 x 12 x 3-3.5"
Bar count: 16
Pressure drop: ~.8psi @ ~370hp

Last edited:
ms64meplease said:
i just feel the fmic is just a better way because during auto-x i lost near 1 sec. on each lap out of 4 the first 2 the car was cold very little difference the next set was the difference each lap near 1min. mark granted its stock tmic. i do have 3" turbo back and cai that helps drop the egts big time the desighn will produce higher numbers im sure but the heat soak will kill you in the end.

im not saying by no way am i the best driver but when i dont run 4 laps in a row "normally we shut down after each lap" my times got worse when its just the 1 lap shut down for 20min. then go again my times were very close together like seconds not no minute without making a noticable mistake. correct me if im wrong but i would love to see 6 dyno runs back to back compared to the fmic just for the difference in what it would do for auto-x
If you have the time read through this thread as it explains a lot on this topic:

http://forum.m a z d a 6 c l u b . c o m/index.php?showtopic=61617

Just remove the spaces

That looks like yet another Ultra Upgrade.

You are keeping Mazdas Modified..

Do you offer FMIC made to spec?

I'm wanting a custom FMIC. Double Pass..

Brian MP5T said:
That looks like yet another Ultra Upgrade.

You are keeping Mazdas Modified..

Do you offer FMIC made to spec?

I'm wanting a custom FMIC. Double Pass..

I'm not sure if you were asking me or Ken, but I can provide you with any custom FMIC. Just let me know what you have in mind.

Thanks.

wow no wonder why your telling me to go look at another forum post... you dont know what hes talkin about you put fins in the end tank to make the air go thru the ic 2 times before it hits the intake...wow need me to post a page for you so you can read up on 2 pass ic?

in my post above i just dont want people to buy this because there 1st lap is great then after that its all down hill if you dont understand that you guys are great!

Captain KRM P5 said:
i would like to keep this thread civil, and informative, please
im trying to keep it informative! by saying the fmic will generate more hp the longer the run is. the tmic is great and im sure will help by a huge % but compared to yourfmic i dont think it has a chance when it comes to auto-x thats all some just might not understand that and have never owned a rx-7 tll

Well this would be good for those who aren't into auto-x but want that extra something without the expense of a front mount. It looks great IMO and will be worth it for the cost. All I know is that I will be getting his FMIC for mine.

Black_Protege_5 said:
Well this would be good for those who aren't into auto-x but want that extra something without the expense of a front mount. It looks great IMO and will be worth it for the cost. All I know is that I will be getting his FMIC for mine.
I can understand why people might make that assumption, but we really can't say that without any facts. Until somebody actually tries this or any other aftermarket TMIC in an auto-x situation, or any other assumed situtation for that matter, it's all up in the air. I'm just annoyed at the fact that people keep on making those assumptions which then somehow turn into facts that people start to base their modding decisions of off. And please do not think that I'm saying all this just to get you to buy a TMIC instead of a FMIC.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I am not. I see this as a worthy upgrade. How can we get better efficient cooling to it? Mazda's scoop design is not really efficient unless you are are acutally moving. But I am curious to see real world dyno #'s.

Latest posts

Back