Show Off Your Strut Bar

Protegefest!! :D MOCC was giving them out left and right.

TheJohnny, check ut my post about three replies up. It braces the struts to the car, not just to each other. ;)

Last edited:
Natey..... from two point to three point you noticed that big a difference? I read it already but i'm really skeptacle (spelling?) if it honestly helps that much.

If you're on coilovers, it makes a nice difference. I didn't have it installed with my stock suspension, so I can't say if it'll make as huge of a difference as it did for my JICs.
I can say the JIC + that STB = fun fun fun. :)

anyone know where i could get one of those stickers, and if anyone has a mazdaspeed white decal sitting around, i'll buy it from them? also, im going to get the strut bar from mazdastuff.com because it has everything i will need for the bar. it will cost me $113, if someone doesn't have a criuse control, then its 100 even. thanks for all your help everyone, and i greatly appreciate it

peepsalot said:
Is the strut bar on a MSP the same on other proteges?

yes, the MSP has the same strut bar as the MP3 and P5's, just different colors

protege02 said:
anyone know where i could get one of those stickers, and if anyone has a mazdaspeed white decal sitting around, i'll buy it from them? also, im going to get the strut bar from mazdastuff.com because it has everything i will need for the bar. it will cost me $113, if someone doesn't have a criuse control, then its 100 even. thanks for all your help everyone, and i greatly appreciate it
You're buying the stock bar?
http://www.mazdastuff.com/product.cfm?ProductID=972

I could let you know in a couple weeks.. I'm installing my GT-Spec when my engine is done and in. and for all intents and purposes the mp3 is very similar to the msp suspension... but I'm sure there is someone who could comment.

peepsalot said:

yeah, i talked to the internet sells man there, his name is Richard. he was telling me that i would be spending alot of money with purchasing the brackets separate from the bar. also, i need the cruise control brackets. if you have a 2002 protege with criuse control then you will need the cruise control bracket for it which is $13, and that's why the total i paid was $113 and not $100(that's with shipping). if you want a protege 5 strut bar with its brackets, i know a guy who sells them, but they are from wrecked protege 5's, and they cost $75 without shipping. the last time i went by, the bars had several scratched on them, so they will definitely need new paint. he might have mp3 bars, but im not sure though.

protege02 said:
I'm currently looking for a good strut bar to go on my car, but I'm having problems with finding a good one to match my car. Also, i dont want to spend over $160 for one. So i just want to see pics of Strut bars and nothing more or less(it's ok if your intake, turbo, supercharger(only 1), and header is there). thanks for the pics.

SR Motorsports drop their price to $150! I ordered one long time ago when it cost $200, but they sent me the wrong one.. it was for a 3 bolt pattern and not a 4 bolt. Japan sent them the wrongs ones. But long story short.. i was awesome. Solid 6061 Aluminum bar that was CNC machined. I'm about to order one again and I hope they have the right ones this time.

manofmacg3 said:
SR Motorsports drop their price to $150! I ordered one long time ago when it cost $200, but they sent me the wrong one.. it was for a 3 bolt pattern and not a 4 bolt. Japan sent them the wrongs ones. But long story short.. i was awesome. Solid 6061 Aluminum bar that was CNC machined. I'm about to order one again and I hope they have the right ones this time.

that's coo, i got another p5 bar, and i have the brackets for it, and whenever mazdastuff sends me the other bracket i need, i'll install it, but thanks for the info though

Ok i just got my GT Spec strutbar, and here it is!!!

Attachments

• P1000574.JPG
    P1000574.JPG
    256.3 KB · Views: 192
  • P1000575.JPG
    P1000575.JPG
    240.4 KB · Views: 175
  • P1000577.JPG
    P1000577.JPG
    216.5 KB · Views: 126
  • P1000576.JPG
    P1000576.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 134
Kinda off topic, but is there any noticable handling advantages to getting am aftermarket front strut bar? I can see that the 3 point one would make some differences because it has an extra anchor point at the firewall. But I'm not sure the normal ones would, unless the stock one flexes under hard cornering, which seems to require a lot of force.

Yes, I admit the ones shown here are much nicer looking than the stock one. :D

Douggie said:
Kinda off topic, but is there any noticable handling advantages to getting am aftermarket front strut bar? I can see that the 3 point one would make some differences because it has an extra anchor point at the firewall. But I'm not sure the normal ones would, unless the stock one flexes under hard cornering, which seems to require a lot of force.

Yes, I admit the ones shown here are much nicer looking than the stock one. :D

bump for answer was just wondering that

Back