MSP Audio problems.. no audio from sub...

If you mean the box foam tapped to the sub boxes mounting bracket, it looks like the connection clip for the MSP's RCA's, Power wire, ground wire, and remote connection.

If you pull back the trunk liner and fallow back the wires for your amp, you should find the same thing.

Not that. I know what that is. Look in the pic.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 117
I must be blind but I don't see a box at all. I only see the release tab for the rear seats to fold down.
I do see wha looks like a splice in the white rca though. This might be why they used a Y adapter if they cut up the original RCA and couldn't repair it properly.

Last edited:
Look at the fourth picture I posted. His release tab look a hell of a lot different than mine if it's a release tab. I gathered from what he was saying that wires were connected into their, but maybe I misunderstood.

jurgs01 said:
Look at the fourth picture I posted. His release tab look a hell of a lot different than mine if it's a release tab. I gathered from what he was saying that wires were connected into their, but maybe I misunderstood.

They look the same to me except that someone tried to stuff wires behind his or used it to help keep the wires in place. Nothing looks like it actualy connects to it.

so once it warms up i'll have a chance to tackle this further, im gonna pull up all the electrical tape, and see what he did, as far as that rca, if it is messed up, can i just strip and twist it together, or would i need to trace the cable back and replace the whole thing. 1sty I'll end up taking you up on that offer, just too cold to mess with it now.

jurgs01 said:
The red cable is your fused 12V (this should be coming directly from your battery, the black cable is ground, and the blue cable is to tell your amp when to turn on. Find out which end of the blue cable is coming from the source, then cut off the tapped wires (get rid of them) and tape up the exposed. Make sure there is only one fused wire coming in directly from your battery (he might have just left one hanging which is dangerous).

there are two power cables tho, with the two different fuses(as labeled in the pc), both are red, the one just has the ribbed plastic cover. Im guess they didnt use monster factory tho, they prolly used that black plastic box thing as the fuse.

I'd assume i dont want an extra power cable hooked up tho, especially a live one, i should be able to just pull that through eh?

Last edited:
how far should the deck be able to pull out with the wires still attached on back, i wanna put an rca in back before i clip her in to place

OK here it is. From all the pictures shown here, it looks as if the previous owner removed the factory sub and amp. Passes new thicker guage wires to the battery and added a bigger amplifier and subwoofer. Then when he sold the car to you, put back in factory sub and amp, but didn't bother to remove the new wiring.

Also that black box on the left in your first picture, DO NOT MESS WITH. It is your keyless entry module. It is what locks and unlocks your doors and arms and disarms your factory ** aftermarket ** alarm system.

Last edited:
jurgs01 said:
The keyless entry module is under the plastic on top.

Actually you are 100% right. This module according to the shop manual is a Rear Window Defrost noise filter.

Attachments

• keyless.JPG
    keyless.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
because its not supposed to be out there. Yours is under the carpet, I think, pissbly under the rear deck.

anyone around to walk me through a few things in regards to hooking the stock enclosure back up?

well under the floor mat next to the rear seat there are two bolts, the one to the rear of the car has a yellow wire attached to it, is that where the power lead attaches? And the other towards the front of the car, is that where the ground attaches?

Back