WTB: MSP or Driveshaftshop axles for Protege

Kooldino

MOTM Winner Jan '09
Authorized Vendor
Contributor
:
MP3
I'm looking for a set of either Mazdaspeed Protege 24mm axles OR a set of Driveshaftshop axles. These are different from the standard Protege axles, which are 22mm.

PN for the OEM axles are:
GA33-25-50XA
GD49-25-60XA

I have a set of msp axles, but the passenger side one has a tear in the boot. axles have 120k on them when I removed them

The MSP has special 24mm CV axles. Apparently Napa (only Napa no other parts stores) carries the correct 24mm MSP axles, make sure you get the ones labeled "MP2" sport suspension or something like that. Stock protege axles are 22mm and will fit and work fine if you don't want to mess with finding the larger ones.

I had to replace my stock protege shaft last year, I picked up a shaft from Advance auto which turned out to be thicker then the stock one. I paid$75 for it and it comes with lifetime warranty. Food for thought

I was just posting up info that I recalled from the past. When it comes time for me to R&R the axles if I still have the car they will go right to the driveline shop and get rebuilt.

Were those Protege axles from NAPA that snapped?

I got a set form advanced that were thicker than stock and pretty cheap. Hopefully they are better.

@Stealth - do you have pics of your napa axles?

I got a set form advanced that were thicker than stock and pretty cheap. Hopefully they are better.

@Stealth - do you have pics of your napa axles?
here is one of the ones I've snapped
Edit: I couldn't find the other pictures but I've snapped them on the inside and over by the wheel.

Attachments

• IMG_20833987493147.jpeg
    IMG_20833987493147.jpeg
    52.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Aftermarket CV axles should be reman. stock axles. I tried to locate a set of MSP axles for myself from Napa and they were unavailable. They are still listed on the website.
I have yet to see an OEM axle break

Last edited:
Back