Wipers juddering

2 or 3 times a year after an exterior clean I spray Wd-40 on an old t shirt and clean the portion of the wiper that comes in contact with the glass. Keeps them running pretty smooth.

Also, hitting your windshield with a clay bar helps as well. Well not actually hitting it but you know what I mean.

Clean the wiper blades when you wash the car. Sometimes a layer of dirt accumulates which adds friction.
2 or 3 times a year after an exterior clean I spray Wd-40 on an old t shirt and clean the portion of the wiper that comes in contact with the glass. Keeps them running pretty smooth.

Also, hitting your windshield with a clay bar helps as well. Well not actually hitting it but you know what I mean.

He said it does it even when the wipers aren't touching the window

Even if you lift the wipers away from the glass they still move slow and jerky

If the problen is presnt during all modes ie fast-slow etc, then it sounds like a motor/gear issue. If you can get the drive system out, maybe you can open it up and lube the gear train. Try to find a replacement unit or go to the dealer-Uggg. Ed

Another thought would be to remove the wipper arms at the cowling and lube the shaft bearing. Ed

Even if you lift the wipers away from the glass they still move slow and jerky
Clean the pivot areas of wiper arms making sure there’s no obstacles. The best is to remove the wiper arms and long plastic cover for the cowling area making sure there’s nothing to interfere the movement of the wiper mechanism linkages. The worst case is you need to get wiper motor replaced if everything else checked out alright.

What is the MY of your CX-5? (Warranty?)

Last edited:
If the problen is presnt during all modes ie fast-slow etc, then it sounds like a motor/gear issue. If you can get the drive system out, maybe you can open it up and lube the gear train. Try to find a replacement unit or go to the dealer-Uggg. Ed
It’s under warranty I hope so if I can’t fix it garage it is cheers 🍻

Me wipers on me CX5 move slowly and judder, even when raised from the windscreen.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thank you! I thought I was alone with the juddering issue on intermittent mode. Pretty ridiculous to have this issue on a $45K car. For now I've found a cleaner that provides temporary relief, but I'm going to open a warranty repair on the motor soon.

Back