Wiper replacement on 2016 CX5

:
2014 Mazda CX5
My passenger side blade ripped in this last snow storm and I was going to replace them. I got these Peak wiper replacements, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get them installed. Looks like I need to somehow detach the 3-piece plastic shroud on the original blades and put them on the replacements. Either that or somehow remove the blade part from the replacements, not using the arm and somehow put them into the original arm on the car. Here is what I have. Replacement wiper is on top.
IMG_2298.JPG

My passenger side blade ripped in this last snow storm and I was going to replace them. I got these Peak wiper replacements, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get them installed. Looks like I need to somehow detach the 3-piece plastic shroud on the original blades and put them on the replacements. Either that or somehow remove the blade part from the replacements, not using the arm and somehow put them into the original arm on the car. Here is what I have. Replacement wiper is on top.
IMG_2298.JPG

You have 2 options, you either buy the entire blade assemble like you have, and swap 1 assy out for the other. Throwing out your plastic shroud style blade assy. Or you can buy the refills for use in your existing plastic shroud style blades.

Last edited:
The prt you bought is a full replacement. You can buy replacements with shrouds, but it looks like you bought a traditionally styled one.

To install, put the hook at the end of the wiper arm through the middle of the new blade. There should be a plastic part on the new blade (or in the box) that looks like the piece marked 60G on your original blade. When you slide the hook onto that part it will click and youre good to go!.

i think i'm going to take it back and get a different set. i don't like the looks of these if that's the way they're supposed to look. Seems like they'd get all iced up pretty quick.

Good idea. You don*t want that crappy wiper on your CX5. You can*t beat those original Denso hybrid wipers.

i think i'm going to take it back and get a different set. i don't like the looks of these if that's the way they're supposed to look. Seems like they'd get all iced up pretty quick.
Go to your Mazda dealer and get the rubber insert on passenger side to replace the ripped one. Like Anchorman said, these Denso wiper blades on the 1st-gen CX-5 are pretty good in quality and nice looking too.

Just bought replacement inserts from https://www.shopmazdaparts.com/ Here are the part numbers and pricing for the 2016. These are for all 3 inserts. Local dealer wanted $11 a piece.
GS1D-67-333 Wiper Blade Refill $6.06 1 $6.06
KD53-67-333 Wiper Blade Refill $5.94 1 $5.94
G22E-67-333 Wiper Blade Insert $5.90 1 $5.90

I'll also recommend the rubber inserts, they're super cheap and don't take long to swap out.

I also like keep an extra set in the car, which came in handy when the driver side starting coming apart during a road trip.

Back