Wiper Blades

I am thinking of getting Bosch Clear Advantage or Evolution
CA will be 30 bucks for all 3.
Evolution will be 35 for all 3 - 2 Evolution with rear CA.

I think I will go with this. I loved Costco for the good quality wipers, may have to ask some friends if there are Michelins for $16-17 a pair.
Adapters / Connectors for Gen1 should be ok as eBay says it will fit!

Using Aero Blades via Amazon (or Ebay). Pretty good for the CX-5 imho. Stacks up well in video posted.

Kaps^ I went with Aero over the Bosch Clear Advantage due to fitment issues in the Amazon reviewes for Mazdas. No fitment issue for the Aeros though!

I decided to try the Bosch Clear Advantage. Watched a video review of some guy testing a variety (from post #42 above). Bought all three on Amazon. Been quite happy. Looks like the wiper arm (for the front two) has a taller stand off which I would think cause a little more spring pressure from the wiper arm. Was able put them directly onto the car without changing any adapters. Back window wiper is different of course.

I decided to try the Bosch Clear Advantage. Watched a video review of some guy testing a variety (from post #42 above). Bought all three on Amazon. Been quite happy. Looks like the wiper arm (for the front two) has a taller stand off which I would think cause a little more spring pressure from the wiper arm. Was able put them directly onto the car without changing any adapters. Back window wiper is different of course.

Have you had an opportunity to try them out in cold snowy or sleety conditions?

Have you had an opportunity to try them out in cold snowy or sleety conditions?

I'm in Colorado. So far so good. I will admit the weather has been mostly nice and the snow we're getting yet, at this point, is heavy wet snow. I also park my car in a garage overnight. I think this design is more flexible than the OEM ones and easier to clear off any ice/snow.

I have the PIAA wiper blades. No streaking whatsoever.

I purchased PIAA super Silicone Wiper Blades last year. Made in Japan. High quality. I FINALLY got to test it yesterday during rain. Wow. No streaking, perfect fitment, and I believe you can buy replacement silicone inserts as well.

Just got in front wipers yesterday. The OEM Denso's were icing up too much. Went back to my old standby : ANCO Winter blades. Unlike some other 'winter' blades these have the linkage totally enclosed with rubber with only the rubber wiping edge exposed. Cheap too, only about $10 each. Tried beam type blades once but marginal wiping in center as if it didn't conform to windshield in that portion.

On the subject of wipers I see people extending them straight out from the windshield. If you've ever had wipers lift off the windshield due to weak springs (stretched) you may not want to do this.

Older thread, but this weekend, I picked up the NAPA "Exact Fit" wiper blades at a substantial discount, for my 2018 CX-5. A "monthly special," apparently. I thought I had replaced the CX-5 blades earlier this year, but I actually done so for my 2016 MX-5 (I went Rain-X for that vehicle). :confused:

NAPA Exact Fit Drivers Side Beam Wiper Blade 24 In
NAPA Exact Fit Passengers Side Beam Wiper Blade 18 In
Have you ever considered just replacing the rubber refills for less money? How about rear window wiper blade?

These NAPA Exact Fit blades look like some other after-market blades (Bosch?) for gen-2 CX-5. Can you tell who made them, and are they made in China?

I bought DENSO rubber refills from Amazon for about $10 apiece and have been using them since spring. We are getting light snow at the moment so the ANCO winter blades will be going back on soon. For a non-winter blade I still like the DENSO for being quiet, wiping well and their longevity.

Have you ever considered just replacing the rubber refills for less money? How about rear window wiper blade?

These NAPA Exact Fit blades look like some other after-market blades (Bosch?) for gen-2 CX-5. Can you tell who made them, and are they made in China?
It looks like this line of blades is actually from Trico: Trico Wipers (NAPA)

I just looked at the packages, and they say made in Mexico. I really should at least consider doing just the inserts, going forward. I just ordered this item yesterday for the rear wiper from Amazon, because it is so inexpensive: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I bought DENSO rubber refills from Amazon for about $10 apiece and have been using them since spring. We are getting light snow at the moment so the ANCO winter blades will be going back on soon. For a non-winter blade I still like the DENSO for being quiet, wiping well and their longevity.
For gen-1 2013 ~ 2016.5 CX-5 Denso wipers with traditional J hook, I just got OEM (Denso) wiper inserts / rubber refills.

GS1D-67-333 - $8.33 MSRP (Front driver side)
KD53-67-333 - $8.16 MSRP (Front passenger side)
G22E-67-333 - $8.10 MSRP (Rear)

Keep in mind these were last years’s (11/2020) price when I purchased them. The MSRP may have gone up due to the inflation.

For gen-1 2013 ~ 2016.5 CX-5 Denso wipers with traditional J hook, I just got OEM (Denso) wiper inserts / rubber refills.

Keep in mind these were last years’s (11/2020) price when I purchased them. The MSRP may have gone up due to the inflation.
I just checked. I ordered them on 5-5-21 from Amazon. All three were $31.97 including the tax. So about $10 each. I think that was the best price I could find at the time for the rubber refills.

I just checked. I ordered them on 5-5-21 from Amazon. All three were $31.97 including the tax. So about $10 each. I think that was the best price I could find at the time for the rubber refills.
Almost everything has gone up significantly nowadays. These are the MSRP comparison for OEM wiper refills on my 2016 gen-1 CX-5:

My purchase in Nov., 2020:

Now:

GS1D-67-333 - $10.74 MSRP (Front driver side)
KD53-67-333 - $8.56 MSRP (Front passenger side)
G22E-67-333 - $12.05 MSRP (Rear)

Can anyone tell me if there's a difference between wiper blades for a 2021 vs previous models? I ordered a set of Bosch Aerotwins and the vendor said that they would fit the 2020 CX5 but wouldn't fit the 2021. Also, any recommendations for 2021 replacement blades? Options seem very slim especially if 2021 doesn't use the same size/design as other gen 2's. I'd like something that can handle cold temps along with ice and snow. Thank you!

Almost everything has gone up significantly nowadays. These are the MSRP comparison for OEM wiper refills on my 2016 gen-1 CX-5:

My purchase in Nov., 2020:

Now:

GS1D-67-333 - $10.74 MSRP (Front driver side)
KD53-67-333 - $8.56 MSRP (Front passenger side)
G22E-67-333 - $12.05 MSRP (Rear)
The passenger side blade shows the true inflation $8.16 to $8.56 (approx. 5% ).. if they raise it too high people just won't replace the passenger blade. They won't sell for loss...the profit is there.

The driver's side has alot of extra profit built in under the auspices of "inflation". Driver's side costs no more to manufacture than the passenger yet went from $8.33 to $10.74 (whopping 29%)

And that's America. Cry inflation and raise up prices while building in astronomical profit.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if there's a difference between wiper blades for a 2021 vs previous models? I ordered a set of Bosch Aerotwins and the vendor said that they would fit the 2020 CX5 but wouldn't fit the 2021. Also, any recommendations for 2021 replacement blades? Options seem very slim especially if 2021 doesn't use the same size/design as other gen 2's. I'd like something that can handle cold temps along with ice and snow. Thank you!
I don’t believe anything has changed on windshield wipers for 2021 Mazda CX-5 from previous gen-2 MYs. If you’re talking about hard-to-find but excellent https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) I suggested in post #38 above which currently is out of stock at Amazon, you should be fine getting it for your 2021 CX-5. There’s a review there by John C. who commented that the Bosch A398S is a “perfect fit on Mazda 2021 CX-5”.

The passenger side blade shows the true inflation $8.16 to $8.56 (approx. 5% ).. if they raise it too high people just won't replace the passenger blade. They won't sell for loss...the profit is there.

The driver's side has alot of extra profit built in under the auspices of "inflation". Driver's side costs no more to manufacture than the passenger yet went from $8.33 to $10.74 (whopping 29%)

And that's America. Cry inflation and raise up prices while building in astronomical profit.
Here's S&P 500 earnings by year, inflation adjusted in 2021 dollars, with the June 2021 figure annualized.

Wow. Whopping increase in 2021 over 2020. But wait! 2020 was a corporate earnings blood bath, dropping to 2010 levels. The two year increase from 2019 to 2021 is 7.7%, below long term historical trends.

Cherry picking items, like a wiper blade or gallon of gas or a Thanksgiving turkey is a popular anecdotal parlor game. That's not to say inflation is not real. In fact, if you bought a car and a house in the past year your personal inflation rate is much, much higher than the headline number. But if you didn't as would be the case for the vast majority of consumers, then your personal inflation rate is meaningfully lower than the headline number.

Capitalist market mechanisms are working as intended--supply and demand imbalances cause inflation or disinflation or the dreaded deflation as conditions dictate. Attempts at alternatives have been devastating failures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back