Wiper Blades

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hey all,

How many of you are using aftermarket wiper blades? If so, any recommendations on brands? I either need to get insert replacements for my stock blades, or I need to go aftermarket.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

I have a 2014.After trying out the mazda"value line" blades(all my dealer stocks but can order the originals) and not being impressed,I went back to original Denso blade assemblies purchased online.I intend to just get Denso inserts next time.I would definitely keep the stock blades and just get oem inserts.

Bosch Icons for my Gen 1. Not sure which ones for Gen 2 since they don't use a J hook.

It much cheaper to just replace the wiper inserts. I bought a set for the windshield wipers on my CX-9 recently, they cost me like $16 CAD.

Hey all,

How many of you are using aftermarket wiper blades? If so, any recommendations on brands? I either need to get insert replacements for my stock blades, or I need to go aftermarket.

Any suggestions/recommendations?
For gen-2 CX-5, and youre at Wisconsin, the best option for your wiper blade replacement is to get Bosch Envision wiper blades, EN24OE and EN18OE, as OEM blades are notoriously bad for winter conditions. Theyre expensive though which will cost you ~$60 a pair! But many bought Bosch Envision blades and felt theyre worth the money. Make sure to use adaptor #6 for your proprietary hook.

2017 CX-5 GT wipers sucks...

For gen-1 CX-5 which comes with Denso wiper blades, getting OEM/Denso rubber inserts is the best option for replacement.

TRICO Exact Fit 24-17B driver side. TRICO Exact Fit 18-17B passenger. OEM fit on your 2017 (no adapters needed).

TRICO Exact Fit 24-17B driver side. TRICO Exact Fit 18-17B passenger. OEM fit on your 2017 (no adapters needed).

I got these also but my drivers side jumps and chatters in the rain. The oem ones did not. How does your driver side do in the rain ?

For gen-2 CX-5, and you*re at Wisconsin, the best option for your wiper blade replacement is to get Bosch Envision wiper blades, EN24OE and EN18OE, as OEM blades are notoriously bad for winter conditions. They*re expensive though which will cost you ~$60 a pair! But many bought Bosch Envision blades and felt they*re worth the money. Make sure to use adaptor #6 for your proprietary hook.

2017 CX-5 GT wipers sucks...

For gen-1 CX-5 which comes with Denso wiper blades, getting OEM/Denso rubber inserts is the best option for replacement.

Seemed the blades that came with my 2016.5 CX-5 worked okay and lasted a longer than I expected. I bought replacements (whole units) for all three from Mazda but not been happy at all. Plus it seems the replacements discolored quicker in this CO altitude. You recommend just buying inserts instead? Didn't realize that could be done with these.

It much cheaper to just replace the wiper inserts. I bought a set for the windshield wipers on my CX-9 recently, they cost me like $16 CAD.

While this is true, I found the stock blades to be absolutely horrible in handling snowy weather. When I bought mine, I kept having to pull over while driving in snow storms because the wet spring snow would clump onto the wiper blades in a way that prevented it from wiping the windshield properly and vision would quickly get obscured. When my sister bought a used 2016 this past winter, she had the same exact problem. I bought her a set of Bosch Icons as a gift.

Bosch Icons are expensive (or those Envisions too), but clean them properly now and again and they last a long time.

While this is true, I found the stock blades to be absolutely horrible in handling snowy weather. When I bought mine, I kept having to pull over while driving in snow storms because the wet spring snow would clump onto the wiper blades in a way that prevented it from wiping the windshield properly and vision would quickly get obscured. When my sister bought a used 2016 this past winter, she had the same exact problem. I bought her a set of Bosch Icons as a gift.

Bosch Icons are expensive (or those Envisions too), but clean them properly now and again and they last a long time.

You use the Bosch Icons year around? Not seeing a match for the rear but imagine using a 15" in place of a 14" wouldn't be a big deal. The Mazda ones are awaful.

Seemed the blades that came with my 2016.5 CX-5 worked okay and lasted a longer than I expected. I bought replacements (whole units) for all three from Mazda but not been happy at all. Plus it seems the replacements discolored quicker in this CO altitude. You recommend just buying inserts instead? Didn't realize that could be done with these.
Looks like you got OEM "Value" wiper blades from your Mazda dealer which are different from the ones from factory Denso wipers. See post #2 above. You can get OEM Denso wipers from your dealer too, but just more expensive.

Yeah you can always get rubber inserts for your OEM wiper blades from dealers or online. OEM wiper blades on gen-1 (or your 2016.5) CX-5 has much less complaints than gen-2 CX-5's "beam" wiper blades with proprietary hook. Getting inserts for gen-1 CX-5's wipers is a good option and I'll do this way when my wipers need new rubber inserts.

I believe owner's manual has instruction for insert replacement on wiper blades.

You use the Bosch Icons year around? Not seeing a match for the rear but imagine using a 15" in place of a 14" wouldn't be a big deal. The Mazda ones are awaful.

I do use year round, yes. I clean the wipers periodically to get the dirt and gunk off that builds up on the rubber over time.

I had a factory rear wiper. I likewise have not seen other compatible wipers listed. My rear needs a replacement badly.

Looks like you got OEM "Value" wiper blades from your Mazda dealer which are different from the ones from factory Denso wipers. See post #2 above. You can get OEM Denso wipers from your dealer too, but just more expensive.

Yeah you can always get rubber inserts for your OEM wiper blades from dealers or online. OEM wiper blades on gen-1 (or your 2016.5) CX-5 has much less complaints than gen-2 CX-5's "beam" wiper blades with proprietary hook. Getting inserts for gen-1 CX-5's wipers is a good option and I'll do this way when my wipers need new rubber inserts.

I believe owner's manual has instruction for insert replacement on wiper blades.

Looks like they can be picked up online but I'm seeing different part numbers. Looking here as prices look very good: https://www.tascaparts.com/?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=wiper blades. The wiper blade plates appear to be the metal inserts so I should be able to reuse mine (imagine these plates are the same between value line and nicer ones?). But I see different refills for the front (listed as left, right and right), and one for the back wiper refill. Not sure if these are value line or the nice Denso ones you refer to. ($10 to ship though for three refills... lol)

Last edited:
If you have Costco or Sams membership - check what they have in store although Gen2 is going to be hard to find. I got a set of Goodyear hybrids for my second car for $16 from Costco. Came with 4 or 5 different connectors and maybe one would work with CX5 or you can return those. Recently I saw Michelins at Costco again 8.99 per piece - almost as cheap as inserts.
Batteries / Wiper Blades and Oil - good value at these stores. I moved to Sams now as they were paying me to shop at them. I miss Costco.

I do use year round, yes. I clean the wipers periodically to get the dirt and gunk off that builds up on the rubber over time.

I had a factory rear wiper. I likewise have not seen other compatible wipers listed. My rear needs a replacement badly.
Just get OEM rubber insert for your rear wiper blade.

Just bought replacement inserts from https://www.shopmazdaparts.com/ Here are the part numbers and pricing for the 2016. These are for all 3 inserts. Local dealer wanted $11 a piece.
GS1D-67-333 Wiper Blade Refill $6.06 1 $6.06
KD53-67-333 Wiper Blade Refill $5.94 1 $5.94
G22E-67-333 Wiper Blade Insert $5.90 1 $5.90

Just get OEM rubber insert for your rear wiper blade.

Just bought replacement inserts from https://www.shopmazdaparts.com/ Here are the part numbers and pricing for the 2016. These are for all 3 inserts. Local dealer wanted $11 a piece.
GS1D-67-333 Wiper Blade Refill $6.06 1 $6.06
KD53-67-333 Wiper Blade Refill $5.94 1 $5.94
G22E-67-333 Wiper Blade Insert $5.90 1 $5.90

Apparently these are the good OEM Densos and not the value line? (+ $8 to ship the three above)

Last edited:
Just purchased a set from NAPA auto parts. They're the same part number as the Trico Exact Fit but sold under the Napa brand. Designed to fit as is, without any adapter. Waiting for the rain to test them.
I too noticed that the OEM's are chattering, even though they're brand new.

Update: drove in the rain and they worked good. Only heard the loud chattering noise a couple of times.

Last edited:
Apparently these are the good OEM Densos and not the value line? (+ $8 to ship the three above)
Yes, these rubber inserts are for factory wiper blades on gen-1 CX-5 which are made by Denso. You can also get OEM inserts with different part numbers for gen-2 CX-5 if you like the performance of newer beam type wipers. You can always get those rubber inserts from your local Mazda dealer, and they can order them if they dont have them in stock. Price from online sellers varies a lot and shipping charge can be expensive.

Just dont get those OEM Value line wiper blades from your Mazda dealer. They perform poorly based on many members who have tried.

Getting rubber inserts usually is cheaper, and theres detailed instruction for wiper blade insert replacement in Owner Maintenance section of your Owners Manual.

Just purchased a set from NAPA auto parts. They're the same part number as the Trico Exact Fit but sold under the Napa brand. Designed to fit as is, without any adapter. Waiting for the rain to test them.
I too noticed that the OEM's are chattering, even though they're brand new.
You can always use windshield washer to test out the performance of your new Trico Exact Fit wipers.

Back