2017~2024 Winter wiper blades for CX-5 in Canada

SimpleCanuck

2022 Mazda CX-5 GS AWD (Canada)
Hi. This is my first post on these forums.

I bought a new CX-5 a few months ago and I love it. But I need to find wiper blades that can handle our Canadian winters. I have read all the comments on this forum about how poorly the OEM blades perform in winter conditions.

There does not appear to be much choice in Canada for any type of wiper blade. Pretty much all I can find are Trico Exact Fit (and the NAPA branded equivalent). I have had pretty good luck with various Trico blades in the past (during all 4 seasons) but I have not found many opinions about how well the Exact Fit works in winter.

I used Trico Ice on my '12 Mazda3 and I was very pleased with their winter performance. Alas, they will not work on the CX-5; they appear to fit but not securely.

Some have said that the Michelin Stealth blades will fit, but the push button adapter appears to be too wide for the CX-5's arm unless you modify the adapter.

Amazon.com sells this and ships to Canada, but I cannot find any reviews about winter performance.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Looking for opinions and suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Hi. This is my first post on these forums.

I bought a new CX-5 a few months ago and I love it. But I need to find wiper blades that can handle our Canadian winters. I have read all the comments on this forum about how poorly the OEM blades perform in winter conditions.

There does not appear to be much choice in Canada for any type of wiper blade. Pretty much all I can find are Trico Exact Fit (and the NAPA branded equivalent). I have had pretty good luck with various Trico blades in the past (during all 4 seasons) but I have not found many opinions about how well the Exact Fit works in winter.

I used Trico Ice on my '12 Mazda3 and I was very pleased with their winter performance. Alas, they will not work on the CX-5; they appear to fit but not securely.

Some have said that the Michelin Stealth blades will fit, but the push button adapter appears to be too wide for the CX-5's arm unless you modify the adapter.

Amazon.com sells this and ships to Canada, but I cannot find any reviews about winter performance.

Looking for opinions and suggestions. Thank you in advance.
There’re OE direct-fit Bosch AeroTwin wiper blades part # 3397014398 for gen-2 CX-5, and many have tried and like them. Unfortunately they’re not available in the US (and Canada?) you have to get them from Europe. The price on Amazon has gone up a lot too they used to be $32.62 a pair.

And read this thread for plenty of info:

2017 CX-5 GT wipers suck

I'll reply to my own question regarding European model of Bosch wiper for cx5 from 2017 to present. It is called Bosch aerotwin 398s a packet containing two front wipers for CX5 second generation. Just ordered the pair for 33 Euros.

Received it today (29th Nov.) and installed it. Dead easy to change from original to Bosch ones. Just have to press a button on the top of the wiper and pull it out. Then insert the new ones (the driver side wiper is longer than the other). They click in to place. The Bosch wipers are sturdier, thicker and very quiet. No hopping or juddering.

View attachment 221797
I ordered a pair of the Bosch Blades for my 2019 GTR from https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) and they arrived today. They are the correct sizes and have the correct fittings. I'll wait till I experience issues with the OEM before I put them on.

Here's the box and BTW, they shipped from an Amazon warehouse in Connecticut. It took a couple of weeks to get them.

View attachment 222192

Hi. Thank you for your reply. I actually did read that "wipers suck" thread before posting. :)

I found one Canadian vendor (Wrench Monkey) that claims to have the Aerotwins, but the vendor gets a lot of negative reviews due to defective product or no product being sent at all. Also found a number of European vendors that sell them, but none of them are shipping internationally possibly due to the pandemic.

I searched a little deeper and discovered that Rock Auto has Bosch Focus blades (which I have seen mentioned in these forums) and will ship to Canada in a matter of days. I know they are a bit pricey, but in the end they would cost about the same as buying the Exact Fit's here.

Hi. Thank you for your reply. I actually did read that "wipers suck" thread before posting. :)

I found one Canadian vendor (Wrench Monkey) that claims to have the Aerotwins, but the vendor gets a lot of negative reviews due to defective product or no product being sent at all. Also found a number of European vendors that sell them, but none of them are shipping internationally possibly due to the pandemic.

I searched a little deeper and discovered that Rock Auto has Bosch Focus blades (which I have seen mentioned in these forums) and will ship to Canada in a matter of days. I know they are a bit pricey, but in the end they would cost about the same as buying the Exact Fit's here.
So you can‘t order the Bosch AeroTwin wiper blades part # 3397014398 on Amazon from Canada like we do from the US?

Not currently. It is listed as unavailable and unknown when or if it will be back in stock.
That’s strange. I can get it if I want it in the US.

A58B408C-501A-4471-BC5E-B641FABBA256.png

Doesn't ANCO make winter blades to fit the CX-5.These are completely covered with rubber to shield the linkages from ice.Just squeeze them to break ice coating.I used them for years.

Wow. Our forum has made these prices skyrocket :)

I paid $25.58 ($34.68 total with shipping and tax) back in February from Amazon for these exact aerotwins.

Last edited:
Wow. Our forum has made these prices skyrocket :)

I paid $25.58 in January ($34.68 total with shipping and tax) back in February from Amazon for these exact aerotwins.
Exactly! At least 3 reported they ordered the Bosch AeroTwin wiper blades from this Amazon seller in the other long thread! I imagine there’re many more ordered without posting!

Just looked at Amazon for winter blades for my CX-5.Wouldn't Amazon Canada carry them also(that's if you are interested....I didn't check there).

Tried your link and it says the ANCO 30-24 wiper blade doesn’t fit 2018 (gen-2) CX-5. Front wiper blades on gen-2 CX-5 have a Mazda proprietarily-designed top-lock 19mm hook-up which are hard to find.

Stopped by my Mazda dealer and took a picture of wiper hook-up on a 2019 CX-5. Yep, its the same.

attachment.php

View attachment 221812

How about heated wiper blades? I would think those would be very popular for those operators in the great white north.

This makes me miss college days when my roommate threw hot water on his windshield to thaw his wiper blades. Never heard glass explode that loud before. I’ve also never laughed louder.

Sadly it was a 91 geo metro and probably the most valuable thing on the car.

Tried your link and it says the ANCO 30-24 wiper blade doesn’t fit 2018 (gen-2) CX-5. Front wiper blades on gen-2 CX-5 have a Mazda proprietarily-designed top-lock 19mm hook-up which are hard to find.
You are CORRECT ! My bad.I forgot Mazda "improved" their product .Doncha just luv it?

Back