Will Mazda6 alloy rims fit on a CX-5?

I am looking for a set of alloy rims for winter tires. The cx 5 OEM rim is 17 x 7.0. I found a set of used mazda 6 alloy rims of 17 x 7.5. Offsets are both 50mm. Anyone has tried this before? Contacted mazda and was told I need to try to install it to make sure it would fit or not. Thanks.

it will most likely fit, now depending on the year, the newer cx5 has vibration dampener on the shock itself, there is 2 of them. With a different offset rim it might not clear those dampener.
I have a 19 cx5, i bought cx7 rims for mine, i wanted to fit bigger tires, i believe 255/60/18 and the rim had different offset, i had to remove 1 of 2 rubber dampener in order to put rims on

it will most likely fit, now depending on the year, the newer cx5 has vibration dampener on the shock itself, there is 2 of them. With a different offset rim it might not clear those dampener.
I have a 19 cx5, i bought cx7 rims for mine, i wanted to fit bigger tires, i believe 255/60/18 and the rim had different offset, i had to remove 1 of 2 rubber dampener in order to put rims on
255 or 225?

With a half inch wider rim the tires will fit a little differently but probably not enough to matter.
Ideally you might want slightly wider tires to match. 235 width for example. To keep the overall circumference the same as OEM the profile will need to be a little lower to compensate. 235/60. I would guess.

255 or 225?
oem cx7 rocks a 235/60/18 i believe, i bought 255/60/18 blizzak and it mounts on it perfectly damn i love it! its so wide it looks awesome from the back and traction is great.
only issue was the offset, i had to remove 1 of the rubber vibration dampeners, honestly felt no difference with it or without it lol. keep in mind the 2017 model did not have such dampener, it was added on 2018-current.
Having said that.... it prob threw the speedometer off slightly but who gives a s***.

oem cx7 rocks a 235/60/18 i believe, i bought 255/60/18 blizzak and it mounts on it perfectly damn i love it! its so wide it looks awesome from the back and traction is great.
only issue was the offset, i had to remove 1 of the rubber vibration dampeners, honestly felt no difference with it or without it lol. keep in mind the 2017 model did not have such dampener, it was added on 2018-current.
Having said that.... it prob threw the speedometer off slightly but who gives a s***.
Finally someone with the wheel+tire setup I'm planning to do. How does it fit? any issues or rubbing apart from the rubber dampeners? Looking forward for the pics

I am looking for a set of alloy rims for winter tires. The cx 5 OEM rim is 17 x 7.0. I found a set of used mazda 6 alloy rims of 17 x 7.5. Offsets are both 50mm. Anyone has tried this before? Contacted mazda and was told I need to try to install it to make sure it would fit or not. Thanks.

Make sure the center hub bore is the same. If the hub bore on the 6 wheel is bigger than the hub bore on the OEM wheel, you can make them work. If 6 wheel's hub bore is smaller, they won't work.

Other than that, everything else is the same aside from a 0.5" difference in width. That means the 6 wheels will sit 0.25" closer to the fender and 0.25" closer to the suspension components. Use your phone to take some pictures of your current clearance with the OEM wheels to see if you have the extra 0.25" of space on either side of the wheel to make this work.

Finally someone with the wheel+tire setup I'm planning to do. How does it fit? any issues or rubbing apart from the rubber dampeners? Looking forward for the pics
it fits nicely! doesnt rub on anything when turning, but you gotta remove one of the rubber dampners. ill send you some pics when i put them on later this month

Alright sorry about the late pics! here it is. rims is from a cx7, i plasti dipped it black, center cap and valve stem cap from ebay, tire is 245/60/18 Bridgestone Blizzak.

OEM rim with toyo
IMG_20201219_153545.jpg

IMG_20201219_161626.jpg

Comparison between the two rims and tires

IMG_20201219_154510.jpg
IMG_20201219_154604.jpg

Since it is a different offset rim comparing to oem rim, you will need to remove one of the rubber vibration dampener on the front suspension. (the one im holding) No difference in terms of comfort with or without this rubber, i actually prefer the winters more, feels more comfy and gripy.

IMG_20201219_154634.jpg

Heres the pics with rim on the car, honestly for me it looks alot better from the back, the tires are alot wider and i do like the look of the rim on the cx5, looks very agressive.

IMG_20201219_160425.jpg

IMG_20201219_161659.jpg
IMG_20201219_161055.jpg

Rim costed me $200 cad, since cx7 is discontinued, alot of people are selling these cheap, 4 can of plasti dip was around $65, i also spend $35 on different grade of wet sanding paper and some sort of bondo for alloy rim, 2 of the rim had alot of curb damage. i had to sand and fill the damage and then plasti dipped it, all and all im pretty happy with the result.

Last edited:
Alright sorry about the late pics! here it is. rims is from a cx7, i plasti dipped it black, center cap and valve stem cap from ebay, tire is 245/60/18 Bridgestone Blizzak.

OEM rim with toyo

Comparison between the two rims and tires

Since it is a different offset rim comparing to oem rim, you will need to remove one of the rubber vibration dampener on the front suspension. (the one im holding) No difference in terms of comfort with or without this rubber, i actually prefer the winters more, feels more comfy and gripy.

Heres the pics with rim on the car, honestly for me it looks alot better from the back, the tires are alot wider and i do like the look of the rim on the cx5, looks very agressive.

View attachment 233924

Rim costed me $200 cad, since cx7 is discontinued, alot of people are selling these cheap, 4 can of plasti dip was around $65, i also spend $35 on different grade of wet sanding paper and some sort of bondo for alloy rim, 2 of the rim had alot of curb damage. i had to sand and fill the damage and then plasti dipped it, all and all im pretty happy with the result.
That sticker with peeking creature is awesome. Oh and the Baby On Board is also a gem. These are the kind of stickers I enjoy seeing on cars!

That sticker with peeking creature is awesome. Oh and the Baby On Board is also a gem. These are the kind of stickers I enjoy seeing on cars!
haah yea i was browsing aliexpress, and i saw these stickers, they are like a dollar each so i thought why the hell not .

Back