Will Mazda6 alloy rims fit on a CX-5?

I am looking for a set of alloy rims for winter tires. The cx 5 OEM rim is 17 x 7.0. I found a set of used mazda 6 alloy rims of 17 x 7.5. Offsets are both 50mm. Anyone has tried this before? Contacted mazda and was told I need to try to install it to make sure it would fit or not. Thanks.

:
Mazda Protege DX
it will most likely fit, now depending on the year, the newer cx5 has vibration dampener on the shock itself, there is 2 of them. With a different offset rim it might not clear those dampener.
I have a 19 cx5, i bought cx7 rims for mine, i wanted to fit bigger tires, i believe 255/60/18 and the rim had different offset, i had to remove 1 of 2 rubber dampener in order to put rims on

:
2020 CX5 Signature
it will most likely fit, now depending on the year, the newer cx5 has vibration dampener on the shock itself, there is 2 of them. With a different offset rim it might not clear those dampener.
I have a 19 cx5, i bought cx7 rims for mine, i wanted to fit bigger tires, i believe 255/60/18 and the rim had different offset, i had to remove 1 of 2 rubber dampener in order to put rims on
255 or 225?

:
Pueblo county CO
:
CX-5 Sport 16.5 6M
With a half inch wider rim the tires will fit a little differently but probably not enough to matter.
Ideally you might want slightly wider tires to match. 235 width for example. To keep the overall circumference the same as OEM the profile will need to be a little lower to compensate. 235/60. I would guess.

:
Mazda Protege DX
255 or 225?
oem cx7 rocks a 235/60/18 i believe, i bought 255/60/18 blizzak and it mounts on it perfectly damn i love it! its so wide it looks awesome from the back and traction is great.
only issue was the offset, i had to remove 1 of the rubber vibration dampeners, honestly felt no difference with it or without it lol. keep in mind the 2017 model did not have such dampener, it was added on 2018-current.
Having said that.... it prob threw the speedometer off slightly but who gives a s***.